Tatooine - Just for fun

Started by nvseal, March 26, 2008, 10:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvseal

I usually try to avoid using obj in my scenes unless I can really make them work but I will make one exception just for fun. These models don't have any materials so I placed them behind the suns to try to minimize the effect. BTW, I had to cut off the bottom of the render because of a very strange bug with the shadows of the AT-AT (the shadows had a black border around the profile  ???) and that changed the composition -- so it doesn't look as good as it should have. So here it is, an AT-AT, AT-ST, and a Lamda Shuttle on Tatooine.  ;D

rcallicotte

It has a feel for being a lonely walk across the planet.  I'm going to ruin my own dreamy perception by saying the ground needs a little more (or perhaps just different or lighter or different colors) texture.  Cool job on the setup and the angle of view.  Like the sunset as well.  Need another sun, right...or is that a dual moon system?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

nvseal

There are two suns in the image. The one on the horizon and the one toward the middle of the scene (it is just harder to see due to it's higher angle and the cirris clouds). I agree that the ground needs more color to it. I may re-render.

rcallicotte

Make that middle sun more distinct, if you can.  I didn't see it.  Unless it's just me... ;D

sonshine777

Quote from: calico on March 26, 2008, 02:01:49 PM
Make that middle sun more distinct, if you can.  I didn't see it.  Unless it's just me... ;D

It's just you.

rcallicotte

It looks like a blob to me.

Quote from: sonshine777 on March 26, 2008, 03:36:59 PM
Quote from: calico on March 26, 2008, 02:01:49 PM

It's just you.

efflux

I saw this at Renderosity and commented there. The POV is cool. Very dynamic, like we are in a moving vehicle. Very good.