Verdure

Started by Seth, March 30, 2008, 04:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

rcallicotte

This is nice.  Good color, nice lighting, cool sky.  Good texturing.  One thing that would be nice in TG2 is learning a standard way to mix tree types.  This would look so much more real, if the tree types were a mixed variety of different species including a small smidgeon of dead trees.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: calico on March 30, 2008, 08:08:10 AM
This is nice.  Good color, nice lighting, cool sky.  Good texturing.  One thing that would be nice in TG2 is learning a standard way to mix tree types.  This would look so much more real, if the tree types were a mixed variety of different species including a small smidgeon of dead trees.

I will also add that it would be nice if Terragen had different soil types and soil quality, going so far as drainage and PH levels among possibilities; for example what soil there is on landforms such as the one depicted here tends to be of poor quality in terms of general condition such as nutrient levels and so forth and quite shallow but deep enough to support a root system of limited size, thus trees and similar wooded structures tend generally to have stunted growth.

In such environments there is also the question of water retention after rainfall and the percentile of soil lost per cloud bust in more exposed areas where the vegetation is more sparse meaning insufficient root to soil binding as happens with denser vegetation populations. You could go on but requirements for doing so would require advanced degrees in among other things Soil Mechanics and Physical Hydrology which I don't.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel           

Costaud

I really like the colors of the rocks, simple but effective sky.

Phylloxera

Encore une image de réussie, belles variations de couleurs sur les surfaces, bonne distribution arbustive ! J'aime beaucoup !

old_blaggard

Great lighting and depth!  The rock textures look a little off to me - it's hard to put my finger on it... maybe the color variations are a little too sharp?  I agree with Phylloxera about the tree distribution, but I would like to see a little more variety in the tree species.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Seth

thanks guys :)
i think the render is too dark too...
i was only doing some test about light and atmosphere... i am trying to get some "clear" lights and atmo...
agree with you o_b... don't know what's really wrong with the ground but.... i am not happy (at all) with it...

Mr_Lamppost

Did the ground look better before the post work?  The sharpen filter often adds or emphasises noise.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Seth

yes, the ground did look a little better without the sharpen ^^