Golgotha

Started by dandelO, April 01, 2008, 10:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Golgotha - A place of bones.

One way in/No way out...

The first person to comment: "It's a bit dark." Doesn't get to come back up again on my rope! I spent a bit of time getting this lighting to work, it's meant to be dark! The scorpians and spiders(look closely) are looking for some company anyway... ;)

As always, thanks for looking!

[attachimg=#]

old_blaggard

Great image!  The displacements on the rock look incredibly realistic, and the stones and skeleton on the bottom are fantastic as well.  The lighting is very effective, and the contrast it creates is excellent!  This is your best image ever, I think.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

I agree with o_b.  Very nice displacement and good lighting.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sonshine777

You forgot to leave a flashlight (torch) to scare off the crawling things  ;D
Great image.

Seth

Phylloxera

I like specially the light and the ambience ! Interesting render !

PG

It's a bit d...arrrghggh. :D Love that last beam of light that fights it way in. brilliant.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Saurav

Great render, love the concept. Lighting is just about right, maybe could go even a little darker. I think the rock walls need a little more variety in terms of colour.

Cyber-Angel

My understanding of the meaning of Golgotha is that is means "Place of the Skull" and was a real place around 2000 years ago, part of which survives under the "Temple Of The Mount" in Jerusalem or so is my understanding of these matters: just for a little historic perspective to whats been discussed here.

Like the image by the way.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel  ;D

Mr_Lamppost

Oh yes very nice.  If all that lighting is calculated I don't even want to think about your GI settings   ;D

One tiny point; there look to be some render artefacts in the upper left corner.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

inkydigit

great job!...agree with O_B

dandelO

Thanks very much all! :)

Mr_L: The GI quality settings were actualy only set to 1/3, I'm a real miser when it comes to Terragens GI, I find many other ways can substitute/compensate for using real high GI quality and the time it takes to calculate it. The strengths on surfaces and atmosphere however were 2.5 on surfaces and 3 in atmo for this render. There's also the obvious sunlight and a strategicaly placed lightsource doing the illumination here.

Cheers again everyone!