Disappointment...

Started by choronr, April 14, 2008, 01:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PG

Gottit Choronr, I'll render it a bit later.  :D
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

PG

Well it renders alright with the quick render and it renders alright with the full render on lower resolution, i.e. 640x480 but I tried rendering it at 1680x1050 (my monitor resolution) with all the quality settings you had and it had only done about an inch off the top in 18 hours.

choronr

@PG: Typically, I render at 1280x 960; and, when I did the first render, it crashed after about 24+ hours (see my .jpg post above) - the image was about 2/3 finished.

I recently did two 55% renders - one from the top down; and, one from the bottom up. I plan on joining these in Photoshop as soon as I figure out how to do it. Each 55% render took about six hours.

PG

yeah it was 1280x960, I guess if I'd kept it at that it might've been a bit quicker :D
Well it only crashed when I used your original settings bar using quick render. I fiddled with the atmo settings, increasing and decreasing and it fixed it when increasing it. might just be a thing with the atmo samples in relation to the water, reflections or whatever

choronr

Thanks PG; I'll give that a try.