Affect of Facial Expresion on Speech

Started by Cyber-Angel, April 20, 2008, 10:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Angel

Could some one who is knowledgeable about human speech production such as a speech pathologist (Some one who is qualified to treat speech disorders and so forth) answer me the following questions which will help refine some ideas I have or disprove them and I shall have to find a different way.

1. What if any affect do the different emotions (Anger, Joy, Sadness and soon) have on the facial muscles concerned with speech on its components such pitch, tone, timber, volume etc.

1.a. How are the muscles around the throat, jaw (Up the sides of the face to the temples) and bottom and top lips affected by different emotions sadness and joy by way of example?

1b. If any affect form (1.a.) is there any data regarding emotion on speech production broken down by ethnic group for the affect of the different emotions on the tension and relaxation differentials on the major and minor facial muscle groups, ligaments, connective tissue and the like?

2. Dose a smile produce a different timber in vocal rang as a possessed to some one crying due to the muscle tension in the throat and facial muscle groups?

Thats all for now but there maybe more latter, depending where the answers lead me; I tried Google for the answers but it is not capable at this time (as far as I am aware, any way) of handling natural speech so therefore I did not get what I was looking there.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel  ;D                   

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.