"The Lakeside"

Started by Phylloxera, April 15, 2008, 08:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phylloxera

Terrain GeoControl2 - Grass (Klas) - Render time more 80 hours (grass high quality !)

rcallicotte

WOW!  Love this.  Photoreal and cool point of view.  Nice lighting.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

nvseal

Wow. I'd say that the background needs some more work to fit in with foreground. Where is the grass from?

rcallicotte

After thinking about this, I agree with nvseal about the background.  It could use some more work to bring it up to the quality we see in the foreground.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

very nice foreground Phyllo !

FrankB

I'd say the opposite: the background looks very realistic - I like it - , but the foreground doesn't. Too regular patterns, too CG plants (not your fault, of course).

old_blaggard

I really like the overall composition of this image, but there are a few issues that jump out to me.  As Frank said, the grass looks a little too CG, but that could be fixed by adding another variation or model.  The population also seems to end only a few meters in front of the camera on the left side, so you can see through it there.  Finally, the background textures could use a little more variation to continue the impression of grass and make them interesting overall.  Don't get me wrong, though - the overall setup and composition of the picture is quite nice :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Phylloxera

Quote from: calico on April 15, 2008, 09:52:33 AM
After thinking about this, I agree with nvseal about the background.  It could use some more work to bring it up to the quality we see in the foreground.
Certainly, but the contrast is sought, the second plan might be too heavy it seems to me!

Phylloxera

Quote from: old_blaggard on April 15, 2008, 11:45:09 AM
I really like the overall composition of this image, but there are a few issues that jump out to me.  As Frank said, the grass looks a little too CG, but that could be fixed by adding another variation or model.  The population also seems to end only a few meters in front of the camera on the left side, so you can see through it there.  Finally, the background textures could use a little more variation to continue the impression of grass and make them interesting overall.  Don't get me wrong, though - the overall setup and composition of the picture is quite nice :).
Great comment ! Let me think about it