Rocky hillside (Pt. 1)

Started by mr-miley, April 17, 2008, 04:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-miley

Hi all

Been mucking around with this for a bit. I was trying to get a "late evening" type of feel to it. Very minor correction in PhotoPaint. I also saved it in exr format and had a fiddle in Photoshop. I'll post that one after this one. I'd be interested to know what you think looks the best.

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

mr-miley

And here's the second one. Just mucked about with the exposure in Photoshop, giving it a slightly brighter feel, though less "evening" feel.

Miles

child@play

i really like how your 'grass' is distributed, and the look of it is cool aswell. and really nice rock formations me thinks. overall a very nice image mr. m :)

p.s.: i like the second version best, just feels more natural for me
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

inkydigit

very nice work..2nd one has a more pleasing atmo tint...love the distribution of grasses...procedural or image map?

mr-miley

Ta both, glad you like  ;D I must admit, I think I prefer the second one too

inkydigit, the grass is procedural

Miles

Phylloxera

Great job on the surfaces particular the grass !
A try on a beautiful rock for example! (Aspect foam!)

joshbakr

Foreground looks Great! I think I would have fixed the grass distribution on the far shore where it shows a sharp transition line where the grass appears to stop.

mr-miley

joshbakr

Do you know, I didn't even notice that till you pointed it out. Its not noticable on the far shore close to you, but it is in the distance..... DOH  >:(

Miles  ;D

old_blaggard

The vegetation looks good, although I personally feel that using models would be more appropriate to this scene.  The technique you came up with would be able to generate some awesome-looking moss, though.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

I like the sense of scale.  Real nice.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

lightning

vet nice render mr. m ;D
like the second one best the grass looks amazing agree with josh about the sharp transition from  rock to grass in the background