designPATHS.com Forums Online

Started by MeltingIce, January 07, 2007, 02:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingIce

Quote from: Pyronious on January 08, 2008, 09:12:50 PM
Thanks for putting the tutorials back up.  Those were some of the best I've seen for beginning users.  It sure jump-started my experiments.

As for render times, looks like the next release in a few weeks will have a true multi-threaded renderer.  A lot of folks have dual core machines now.  We plan to render on dual quad-core Xeons for our next project.  The current version doesn't run any faster on those machines than on a standard Core2Duo :(
Yea that must be extremely annoying for you to have an 8-core computer with only 1 core being put to use.  I just can't wait until I can use both of my CPU's cores for rendering  :P  Although it is not planned, it would be amazing if Planetside took advantage of Cuda by Nvidia which uses the onboard processor of your video card to perform calculations.  We would tear through renders then, especially me since I have an 8800GTS  :D

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

rcallicotte

LOL  Nice to see you back here.  You know an update is coming, right?  Beta.   ;D

Quote from: MeltingIce on January 08, 2008, 11:17:02 PM
...especially me since I have an 8800GTS  :D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

Quote from: calico on January 09, 2008, 11:12:57 AM
LOL  Nice to see you back here.  You know an update is coming, right?  Beta.   ;D

Quote from: MeltingIce on January 08, 2008, 11:17:02 PM
...especially me since I have an 8800GTS  :D

me too...I've got 8800GTX....:D
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Will

I got a GTS but as another thread states it won't help us.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

MeltingIce

Alright sorry for the long delay everyone, but all the designpaths tutorials are fully back online.  I finally got around to fixing all the links while I was bored in my multivariable calc class :P  If anyone finds any broken links still, send me a PM to let me know.  http://meltingice.net/designpaths

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

rcallicotte

Thanks, MeltingIce.  These have been helpful.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?