Crab Nebula

Started by zionner, April 17, 2008, 04:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zionner

Hey all,

I've started working on a series of Nebula renders, for something diffrent ;)

This first one is 99% done with TG 2 nodes, the other 1% is used from an image shader (In TG 2 ;)) Which was just to help with getting the colours right.

Enjoy + Feedback is always appreciated :)

Seth

cool idea !
will you post the file ?  ;D

child@play

wow, i tried applying the crab nebula to one of my images before, but it was no good, just used an image map. your nebula is delicious :D

well done
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

Will

wow, care to explain in more depth?
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Mohawk20

Amazing what TG2 can do!

Not only Terra generation!
Howgh!

zionner

I'll post the clip and explain it tomorrow, (Its a bit late for me ;))

Thanks for the comments I hope to do more nebula's over the next few days.

One thing I will note which may or may not effect any renders you would use with this, is since I use an image shader to give out the colours of the nebula, it also means I cant remove the stars from the image around it, though I dont think this should matter too much ;)

child@play

if you post the nebula image aswell, i could try getting rid of the stars, got my day off tomorrow  ;D
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

rcallicotte

Great!  I didn't even wait for the image to completely load to know I want to do this.  Where's the tutorial?  File?  Sign me up!   :P
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Cyber-Angel

Its interesting to me how this looks uncannily precisely like Messier catalog object M1 in the constellation of Taurus known also as the Crab Nebula, there is an error with some of the blue areas in the image here that are blown out and are far to bright compared to the real Crab Nebula. The source reference for the image here is a composite image made up of 24 exposures taken by the Hubble Space Telescope taken in October 1999, January 2000 and December 2000.

Nice image despite the blown out blue.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel  ;D             

Seth

joshbakr

Found a faster and I'm sure way easier than using all those Nodes to create the nebula. Well I did use the Object Background Node.  ;)

Here's a screen capture after a painfully long render of 4 min. 24 sec.

Seth

ouch ! 4 min and 24 sec ! TG2 world record for a space view Joshbakr ;)

zionner

@ Seth: Yeah thats the image I used for the match,

+ @ josh: It looks simmilar to my rendering times, but with this I'm trying to create it in 3D (So you can have angles from Inside the nebula instead of on the background of the image

What I've desided is to try and get this 3D version up and running before I release the clip ;)

and, just to say this wont be one of those posts where I'll forget to do anything else with it ;);)

joshbakr

I guess He forgot?  :'(