Problems of renders !

Started by Phylloxera, April 22, 2008, 01:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phylloxera

Problem of renders
Impossible to do one render even by modifying the parameters by using the function crop. I have several error messages which appear as of the beginning or in the course of render.
NO displacement, power fractal of redirect shader or others. Just a water shader and it is true 11 populations!
Il has to you it there one among you who would have a solution or must I await a version of more stable TG2 patiently and satisfy to me to make is to make “traditional” images or many returned in 600x450 which does not function either !

cyphyr

Most of these errors are simply due to the images not being where Terragen thinks they are. You'll have to go into each seed object and re-assign each texture. I have found that several of the models I have DL'd from various sites (here and ashundar) still have the original file locations in them. You may also want to check that the images are using the correct mapping, ie plan y or UV. If your using camera projection mapping make sure you assign a camera (auto crash if you dont :) )
I'm not sure this will sort out all your problems but it will go a long way
Best of luck
Richard
ps try (after re-assigning the textures) removing the water texture. Heavy reflectivity can be an issue.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Phylloxera

The problem of re-allocation of textures is evident (unable to load image) what is incomprehensible is "unable to allocate pixelmap: size 12960000 bytes for example!
If I need to remove water, then what interest?
We see images of beta testers with a shader transparency which seems very interesting, when will we be able to make an image without incurring perpetual crashes!
In french "inflates me"! (ça me gonfle !)

I' have even errors of this type, that returns nutcase to me !

cyphyr

the reason to remove the water is to eliminate it from the cause of the render crashes. If the scene renders ok without the water then it is likely that the water is the cause. If the scene still throws up errors then the water is less likely to be the cause.
I believe that the "unable to allocate pixelmap: size 12960000 bytes" is from an internal calculation where terragen is effectively trying to creating an image of the reflection. As you can imagine this could become very intensive when you have multiple reflections on top of eachother.
Best of Luck
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Phylloxera

I' stripped the water the problem is always same the " unable to allocate pixelmap: size 12960000 bytes" ?

Matt

At the point when these errors happen, can you take a look at how much memory your system is using in the Windows Task Manager?

EDIT: when the error happens the numbers will probably decrease, so it may be sufficient to look at the numbers after a render has started and all the populations have finished "inserting instances". But numbers will increase during rendering, so it's useful to keep an eye on these numbers during the render.

[attachimg=1]

If this gets above 2 Gb then you may need to check how much Virtual Memory tgd.exe is using in the Processes tab. The Virtual Memory column can be added to the Processes list by going to "Select Columns..." in the View menu (when on the Processes tab). If the VM size for tgd.exe gets close to 2Gb then it will not be able to allocate memory during render operations. This is a limitation of 32-bit applications on Windows, no matter how much RAM or virtual memory you have. It applies to 32-bit Windows and 64-bit Windows, although there are ways to increase this to 3Gb and I am not sure exactly how the rules change in 64-bit Windows.

If TG is using too much memory then you may need to save some memory by using simpler objects or less instances in your populations.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Phylloxera

OK Matt,
I have as you watched the manager asked stains see screenshots attached. The tgd.exe is less, I like you as indicated to me decrease my people I did more than 9 (sic!) That the air to function, I rule this out and I start rendering (I touch wood you never know!)
Thank you !
Joël

PG

You may already have done this by now but under Edit in the toolbar, go to preferences, in the window goto library and content. For the library folder find the folder that you normally keep all your Terragen stuff in, I keep everything in a folder called My TG2 inside My Documents. Also in User content folders you might want to add the folders of the resources you use. I don't think it reads sub-folders so you'll have to add all the folders that have resources in them.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Mohawk20

You know, I have encountered this problem a few times when doing my Dogs of War scene, with 5 popualtions with image heavy objects, and I have a fairly simple solution that allmost certainly will work!

The problem is, the 11 popualtions use a lot of RAM, like Matt told us.
"Unable to allocate pixelmap: size 12960000 bytes" as far as I know means there are large texture maps that don't fit in the memory anymore. When ram is full you get the unable to initialise rendbuffer because the bucket is full.

What kind of populations do you use? Trees? Do some of them use the same textures? If so, copy the default shaders in question to the main node view, and copy their names into the shader space in the multi shaders, like in the attached image.

If you have illiminated enough images you might be able to render, if not, you have to resize the textures, and perhaps save them at lower compression quality.

This has deffinately worked for me, I hope it works for you as well.
Howgh!

Phylloxera

I use trees for this image with different textures although people work in pairs as they are on either side of a river. I do not see how to make this assembly as in the example that you put me?
A study all the same!
Thank it for your answer which is interesting!

Joël

Matt

Joël,

I think you need to enable the "Taille VM" column in Affichage -> "Select Columns" (sorry, I don't know what that is in French).

I think the important number may the sum of both Util. mémoire and Taille VM.

It would be useful to render the same scene that crashed for you. These numbers at the start of the render (after TG has finished inserting instances) are important to know, but I understand that you don't want to start another render that you know may crash.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Mohawk20

Quote from: Phylloxera on April 23, 2008, 07:44:57 AM
I use trees for this image with different textures although people work in pairs as they are on either side of a river. I do not see how to make this assembly as in the example that you put me?

Then I think one part of the solution could be to open all the texture maps in PhotoShop or a similar app and reduce pixel size and compression quality (perhaps save as jpg and in stead of quality 10 choose quality 8...)
Howgh!

Phylloxera

Quote from: Matt on April 23, 2008, 10:05:26 AM
Joël,

I think you need to enable the "Taille VM" column in Affichage -> "Select Columns" (sorry, I don't know what that is in French).

I think the important number may the sum of both Util. mémoire and Taille VM.

It would be useful to render the same scene that crashed for you. These numbers at the start of the render (after TG has finished inserting instances) are important to know, but I understand that you don't want to start another render that you know may crash.

Matt

This is Matt's done OK if I understood the sum of the two VM and Memory Useful must not exceed use file!

No not always trying for over a week to leave this image, I reduced the population at least their surfaces I went to an area of 20 000 x 200 to 2 000 x 200 and the problem is the toujors ?
I even reduces the reflection of water by 50% and up the camera, no way, no change!

"ça me gave" (french expression)"

Phylloxera

Quote from: Mohawk20 on April 23, 2008, 10:54:49 AM
Quote from: Phylloxera on April 23, 2008, 07:44:57 AM

Then I think one part of the solution could be to open all the texture maps in PhotoShop or a similar app and reduce pixel size and compression quality (perhaps save as jpg and in stead of quality 10 choose quality 8...)
Thanks it's a possibility of course ! But it's not a good solution for me !