Tubular Steel Lighting Column

Started by Mr_Lamppost, April 22, 2008, 09:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Lamppost

Generic tubular steel 6m lighting column fitted with GEC "Top Hat" lantern (Subsequently identified as model Z5670*), typical of the 1960s and 70s.  This is an accurate while un-detailed model, all measurements were taken from real examples however the access door in the base of the column and the hinge and closing latch on the lantern have been omitted. 

The lantern should be fitted with a ridged clear plastic "Glass"; in the absence of transparency this has been replaced with an incorrect translucent white plastic lens.

*See Simon Cornwell's UK Street Lighting pages:
http://www.simoncornwell.com/lighting/manufact/gec/fullrange/lps1.htm
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

mr-miley

Mr Lamppost, I'm getting a bit worried about you  ;D You seem to know far more than is good for you about lampposts, sorry, lighting columns  ;D

Miles

P.S. Ta very much for the model
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

joshbakr

Yes, thanks for the Light Posts! Very nice of you!  :)

monks

...oh dear  :D Mr Lamppost did you go with Rimmer by any chance on any of his Red Dwarf hikes around Deisel Deck?- I hear he has  particularly fine footage of 20th century telegraph poles... ;D

monks

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: mr-miley on April 23, 2008, 05:50:59 AM
Mr Lamppost, I'm getting a bit worried about you  ;D You seem to know far more than is good for you about lampposts, sorry, lighting columns  ;D

Miles

I'm not Mr_Lamppost by accident but trust me you don't want to know.  ;D ;) ;D   :-[

And who had a street light on their object sharing site first?   :D

Quote from: joshbakr on April 23, 2008, 08:42:20 AM
Yes, thanks for the Light Posts! Very nice of you!  :)

Shame they're nasty tubular steel ones though.

Quote from: monks on April 23, 2008, 10:02:56 AM
...oh dear  :D Mr Lamppost did you go with Rimmer by any chance on any of his Red Dwarf hikes around Deisel Deck?- I hear he has  particularly fine footage of 20th century telegraph poles... ;D

monks

No chance I was always far to busy playing Risk!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

rcallicotte

Hey, this is nice!  Thanks, Mr. Lamppost.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

mr-miley

Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on April 23, 2008, 06:19:00 PM
Quote from: mr-miley on April 23, 2008, 05:50:59 AM

Miles

I’m not Mr_Lamppost by accident but trust me you don’t want to know.  ;D ;) ;D   :-[

And who had a street light on their object sharing site first?   :D

Ah... yes, weeeeelllll, errrm, you see, its like this...... *mumbles incoherently and shuffles feet*

;D
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

monks

QuoteNo chance I was always far to busy playing Risk

..and then...I threw a 3 and a 2...

In the house!!  :D

monks