Upper Lily Fields (WIP)

Started by sonshine777, April 23, 2008, 02:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

Here in Camas where I live there are fields of Camas Lilies  that grow on the hills around the area (they have just started to bloom). This is the start of one of those fields.

There are still things I am working on like rocks, more trees and clouds.

Just thought you might enjoy taking a look. :)

The scene uses the Camas Lily and Monarch models that I posted on Ashunder.

child@play

really good, cool pov aswell. only thing that looks a little off is the fake stones displacement/texturing.
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

Mohawk20

Very nice Spring scene!
There are only 2 things that bother me a little bit. The flowers and their leaves look a bit to brightly coloured for me, and I'd like to see more green between the flowers in stead of dirt.

Other that that, this is really nice!
Howgh!

Phylloxera

The idea is good the composition interesting, but I think it's lack of natural!
He would rather try a less serious light and raking!

RArcher

Really nice trees in this one.  The lilies could use some variation in the leaf colour.  The final image is bound to look great.

sonshine777

Quote from: Phylloxera on April 23, 2008, 02:45:27 PM
Powered by Google

! ??? ??? I realize English isn't your first language, but the above statement makes no sense.

joshbakr

Very Nice Tom!  But I think you need to Rake the Flower beds.  ;)

sonshine777

I haven't made a rake model yet. ;)

Thanks for clearing that up though.

@  child@play: The rocks are one of the things I am working on, I was trying to get some moss on the tops. Here in Washington State moss doesn't only grow on the North side of trees it grows everywhere, rocks trees, bushes and your car if it sets still for too long. :)

@  RArcher: Still tweaking the Model, looking for the right texture for the leaves and stems.

Thanks for the comments.

Oh, by the way the trees are Lighting's "Olea europaea" 1 & 2 models

rcallicotte

Pretty nice.  I like the lighting and the purple in the flowers.  The trees are well done.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Phylloxera

Quote from: sonshine777 on April 23, 2008, 02:54:29 PM
Quote from: Phylloxera on April 23, 2008, 02:45:27 PM
Powered by Google

! ??? ??? I realize English isn't your first language, but the above statement makes no sense.

The idea is good. The composition interesting. But it is not very natural.
Try a light less powerful and lower
You understand ?

It is easy for you to criticize my English? will know that j' use a translator who n' is not always reliable, the proof. Come to make a turn on the French forums one will see whether you are also skilful in a language which n' is not your native tongue. I make a effort of reading, translating and to answer on this forum what n' is already not so badly. Stop believing that l' English is the universal language and qu' as from the moment when l' one is in a country, an area, a conference, a forum it owes d' to be systematically spoken by l' together people s' there finding.

choronr

A beautiful hillside scene Tom. This gives me some ideas.

BlueRose

This is a lovely image:)  Is so nice to see the new and exciting things we can do with TG

Can I make some comments from the point of view of a gardner?

Your lily plant model is very cute. And I know you are still tweaking it.  However it looks like you have imported one copy of it and then just replicated that all over the slope?

It would look far more natural if you had several different ones that were all different - especially the orientation of each plant from itself.

I am still new to TG2 and I have no idea how to import these kind of objects and deploy them, but for a more natural look I would make several different individual plants (spinning some around, tilting off 90 deg upright, colouring the leaves, changing the size etc) and then bring those together to make a clump and then replicate that all over the place.  Will give a more natural look.

Also it should have more undergrowth between the plants, grass or weeds or something as well, these kind of plants are seasonal and will grow up thru whatever is usually there, flower madly and gloriously (as you have captured) and then die off.

Anyway, I aspire to have the skills to make an image half as nice one day!

bertrand

QuoteIt is easy for you to criticize my English? will know that j' use a translator who n' is not always reliable, the proof. Come to make a turn on the French forums one will see whether you are also skilful in a language which n' is not your native tongue. I make a effort of reading, translating and to answer on this forum what n' is already not so badly. Stop believing that l' English is the universal language and qu' as from the moment when l' one is in a country, an area, a conference, a forum it owes d' to be systematically spoken by l' together people s' there finding.

That made absolutely no sense whatsoever either. Quit using a translator and learn English... Alternatively you could stick to the French forums.

Sorry, sans rancune, mais ton message est trop marrant.

Phylloxera

Quote from: bertrand on April 25, 2008, 04:41:36 AM
QuoteIt is easy for you to criticize my English? will know that j' use a translator who n' is not always reliable, the proof. Come to make a turn on the French forums one will see whether you are also skilful in a language which n' is not your native tongue. I make a effort of reading, translating and to answer on this forum what n' is already not so badly. Stop believing that l' English is the universal language and qu' as from the moment when l' one is in a country, an area, a conference, a forum it owes d' to be systematically spoken by l' together people s' there finding.

That made absolutely no sense what so ever either. Quit using a translator and learn English... Alternatively you could stick to the French forums.

Sorry, sans rancune, mais ton message est trop marrant.
Je ne vois franchement pas ce qu'il y a de drôle ! Et pour quelles raisons je devrais m'en tenir à des forums uniquement en français !
Quand une personne de langue anglophone vient mettre des messages sur le forum de rendus3d, il les met en anglais c'est pourtant un forum fançais et ce n'est pas pour ça que l'on critique, il ne fait même pas l'effort de poster dans la langue d'origine du forum c'est encore nous qui devons nous adapter.
Ils pourraient donc danc ce cas être un peu plus indulgents et compréhensibles avec les français et autres qui viennent faire un tour et participer aux discussions de leur forum !
Quant à apprendre l'anglais, il n'est jamais trop tard mais je n'en ai aucune envie !

bertrand

Te faches pas, Phil,
Je suis un grand admirateur de ton travail sur TG2. Mais je n'ai pas pu resister. Il y a un effet comique non negligeable quand quelqu'un critique ton anglais et tu reponds avec un message carrement incomprehensible. Comme j'ai dit, sans rancune (mais change ton prog de traduction).
B