NEW RELEASE!! Three US elm trees

Started by lightning, March 21, 2008, 05:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

Quote from: scott8933 on May 01, 2008, 11:19:09 AM
Lightning, your trees are consistently stunning! Are you making these from scratch?

Main question - Any chance we'll see some citrus trees someday? I have Onyx (and live in Southern California) so its a real disappointment not to be able to generate a nice orange or lemon tree...
entirely from scratch a mixture of nurbs dpit and xfrog for cinema 4d!! ;D
i have onyx suite 6 which is onyx broadleaf,conifier,bambo0 and palm and i have onyx flower but im not alowed to share my plants because of that stupid licence onyx has or does that only apply to people in america?

scott8933

Onyx's license agreement is pretty strict, I don't think it matters if you're in the US or not - they don't want you reselling any models created with their product.

Makes sense when you think about it...anyway these days there's a lot more competition, xfrog and some others, plus guys like you who are making top-notch trees basically from scratch.

But like I was saying earlier, it still seems hard to find fruit trees. Not just citrus but stuff like apple and pear trees...and now that I think about it, flowering trees don't seem to be very common either.

So Lightning, maybe you've got a potential niche there! Get cracking on some fruit trees!

lightning

with good reason there is no fruit trees (there a real bugger to make!) the only way i think i could do it would be with some nifty functions in xfrog which can be very hard but i will give it a shot ;D

scott8933

Right after I wrote that, I went over to Turbosquid and did a search for Apple Tree and Orange Tree. Sure enough, the only quality ones were trees from the xFrog DVD sets!

I didn't realize the xFrog app could do fruit; maybe its time to add another program to my library.

Question for the users with experience in the various xFrog packages: Is their standalone version as good as the plug-in versions? What would be considered their "flagship" product?

Thanks all!

lightning

i use all 4 apps xfrog for cinema 4d xfrog for maya xfrog 3.5 and xfrog tune 1.0
i would recomend you use the standalone first reason you dont need a big expensive app to plug into like may or cinema 4d i picked up maya at student price for 250 bux though which is pretty amazing also you will need to have a preety good grasp of cinema 4d or maya to actually use the plugin :)