Feature Request: Automaticaly Clear Temp Files on Close (Option)

Started by Cyber-Angel, April 29, 2008, 12:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Angel

Time and resources permitting after the gold release would it be possible to have an option to automatically clear the temp images folder, on application close as it would make system optimization tasks before shutting the system down for the night run faster?

I know you can disable the generation of such images completely, however been able to have the folder clear on application close would be a nice feature to have if not already planned.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

Oshyan

This is a good idea and I believe it has been discussed before. I would not expect it before the "gold" release, as you say, but it should be possible some time after that.

- Oshyan

bigben

You have to be old enough to remember DOS  ;)

create a logoff script?

rd "%temp%\Planetside Software\Terragen 2" /s /q
md "%temp%\Planetside Software\Terragen 2"

or run TG2 via a .bat. (For users of the free version %terragen_path% is a manually defined environment variable for the directory containing the TG2 application) Using "start /wait" causes the script to wait for TGD to exit before removing the temp directory.

start /wait %terragen_path%\tgd.exe
rd "%temp%\Planetside Software\Terragen 2" /s /q
md "%temp%\Planetside Software\Terragen 2"

Personally I'd prefer the former, or even just manually run the script when I wanted to cleanup. The latter solution is OK, but I use the CLI version and pipe it's output to a log file for bug checking/ reference and that doesn't work with this syntax.

There must be a similar solution for Macs. Basically all these commands do is trash the Terragen 2 temporary directory with all of its subdirectories and then recreates the Terragen 2 directory. The last step technically isn't necessary as TG2 creates the directory as required but it's nice to be tidy  ;)