Fine Terrains

Started by firesuite, January 08, 2007, 10:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firesuite

Ok i have one for you all,

Im trying to get that nice fine dusty surface/bump that TG1 was famous for in TG2. I add a power fractal node to the child layer of various surface layers but try to set the Fractal breakup feature scales down as low as i can for big open shots. now when i set it lower than .01 the whole terrain starts to go dark in the preview window and in a render. anyone else have this problem ? also secondly does anyone have a good way of getting that fine powdery surface layers like in TG1, im still trying to work that one out :)

Thanks

RealUser

I did a remake with TG2 of my "Thoracic Mountains" image and had no problems with the sandlayers. Take a look into my ReRo gallery to compare. I could send you the .tgd-file, if it this kind of surfaces you are after.
Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser

firesuite

Quote from: RealUser on January 08, 2007, 11:28:22 AM
I did a remake with TG2 of my "Thoracic Mountains" image and had no problems with the sandlayers. Take a look into my ReRo gallery to compare. I could send you the .tgd-file, if it this kind of surfaces you are after.

Had a look and the image is kinda small to see for sure but im pretty certain thats what im after yea :) basically i want to get really fine tiny bumps like powder, TG1 was good at that but im having trouble replicating it in 2. A look at the file would be great thanks.. you can even just save a clip of the surface layers, im just into getting the bumps right.

Graham.

RealUser

Well, here it is .... It is just the TGD-file, no terrain
Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser

Oshyan

I've seen the problem with the surface layer going black at too small a value before, but am unable to reproduce it now. Can you share the .tgd? You can definitely use small values for the various scales without problems, so although there is a bug in some cases, you should be able to work around it.

- Oshyan