***update*** trees over on new site

Started by lightning, May 03, 2008, 02:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

I will be posting at digital elements from now on turbo squid sucks >:( thanks for the link bertrand!
nearly finished uploading all of my english oak trees
the formats are
wavefront
cinema 4d
terragen 2
lightwave
3ds

and i am currently uploading the vue version of this take a look!
http://www.digitalelements.be/web/viewAsset?assetId=514

please support me by buying some of my models afterall i have provided and will continue to provide a lot of free models for you all

thanks jack ;D

lightning

bertrand

Great stuff. Glad you like the site. I'll be needing some new high-quality trees soon so I'll definitely download some. It'd be good if you could add the polycount. It can be quite important for non-Terragen folks. And also make sure you do a lot of promotion on all the forums you visit. Only way to bring buyers really...

nikita

Hey lightning!

I have a few question regarding your models.
1. Maybe this has already been fixed, but in some of your TGOs, I found shaders that didn't do anything. I even found a MOLA-map shader once. ;D
2. Do you have a homepage or something I can link to? The pdf that comes with the free models says you want to be credited, but when I just write "lightning", few people will actually know who this "lightning" is. :)

lightning

Quote from: nikita on May 04, 2008, 12:09:56 PM
Hey lightning!

I have a few question regarding your models.
1. Maybe this has already been fixed, but in some of your TGOs, I found shaders that didn't do anything. I even found a MOLA-map shader once. ;D
2. Do you have a homepage or something I can link to? The pdf that comes with the free models says you want to be credited, but when I just write "lightning", few people will actually know who this "lightning" is. :)

are you using the new terragen becuse if you are it totally stuffs up all my model texturing say it can't find any image textures when they are there!!!
oh and you want to credit me just say lightning over on planetside or somthing like that

nikita

No, I mean situations like this:

It's a screenshot from the internal network of one if the eucalyptus collina trees. There are unused shaders in there that serve no purpose.

Btw... I think that texture-not-loading issue only appears when opening projects from the Open recent menu.

lightning

ha ;D
thats probably when i stuffed up one of the default shaders
the stupid thing is when you delete a node in terragen it still leaves all the subnodes attatched to it!

oh and thanks for the tip with the new alpha will test it out

AndyWelder

QuoteIt can be quite important for non-Terragen folks

For Terrageneers poly count can be important too. My recent "close up" renders with the updated version merciless show this; the low poly ones actually show the triangles, yuck. Not with lightning's plant objects though, they still look fine. 8)
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel