"Cavernae-3"

Started by Phylloxera, May 08, 2008, 02:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phylloxera

fichier .tgd Seth93 - Modification fake stones (surfaces - colors) - use water transparency -

rcallicotte

Uh huh.  Very good!  Muddy looking fun ahead.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

yeah very muddy outside the cave ;)

Tangled-Universe

This scene looks quite realistic, great work!
The watertransparency looks good, only suggestion I have is to try to connect a powerfractal to the density function of the transparency.
Use low contrast and roughness levels (0-1) and offsets >0. Then just play with the 'volume 1 density' slider for control.
This way parts of the water will look a bit more muddy than other parts. I think that would look great.
Just a suggestion of course :)

Martin

choronr

I think having still water without any movement or agitation, you do not need to have any muddiness suspended in it. This is a very realistic piece of work Joel.

RedSquare

I agree with Choronr, it's still water, really a large puddle.  That mud is just spot on.  No doubt about it, Phylloxera puts his money where his mouth is.  Not too keen on the curvature to the overhang, but the rest perfect.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: choronr on May 08, 2008, 06:34:46 PM
I think having still water without any movement or agitation, you do not need to have any muddiness suspended in it. This is a very realistic piece of work Joel.

I admit you have a good point here, thought it would be nice and fancy :P

Phylloxera

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on May 08, 2008, 06:17:08 PM
This scene looks quite realistic, great work!
The watertransparency looks good, only suggestion I have is to try to connect a powerfractal to the density function of the transparency.
Use low contrast and roughness levels (0-1) and offsets >0. Then just play with the 'volume 1 density' slider for control.
This way parts of the water will look a bit more muddy than other parts. I think that would look great.
Just a suggestion of course :)

Martin
Thank you for this suggestion !