lacdeux

Started by inkydigit, May 08, 2008, 05:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

my second attempt at a lake.....thanks again go to Klas at terralight and to lightning for their cool trees!...comments and critiques, as always are welcome and appreciated!...

Seth

the composition is very good to me... it still needs some improvements but that's a very very good start (to me) ^^

RedSquare

Agreed, but the white trunk trees in the near foreground do not work as well as they do in the middle distance.

rcallicotte

Foreground is a little different, but the whole scene is very nice.  Good populations and nice lighting.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Phylloxera

Very good composition, very natural ! Great work !

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: RedSquare on May 08, 2008, 07:31:59 PM
Agreed, but the white trunk trees in the near foreground do not work as well as they do in the middle distance.

I second this. You might also consider to add some more detail in the foreground and maybe also to reduce the wavescale of the water.
In overall it is a very good and indeed quite natural looking image. Nice mood and lighting. I like it.

Martin

FrankB

I like it, too. A few comments for a possible improvement, though:

- In the foreground at least, you may want to use more than just one tree age/type
- I'd use different fake stone sizes and shapes, and less of those big ones.
- Light it up a little, maybe in post.

Cheers,
Frank

monks

The upper half of the render is fantastic- very believable place.  Reminds me of some renders I've seen in done in Vue. The foreground terrain and trees are a little ropey tho.

monks