Feature Request - Prevent Shutdown

Started by nikita, May 07, 2008, 10:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikita

This is already the second time I routinely shut down my pc without thinking of the TG2 instance running in the background, rendering.

Could you do something to prevent that from happening?
(or can I?)

Losing 10h of rendering the second time i a row sucks and I can't do anything against it.. when I'm turning my computer off it happens subconsciously and I only notice my mistake when, right before shutting down, the TG2 window pops up.. as if windows would enjoy seeing me angry.

Oshyan

It's generally a bad idea for applications to interfere with fundamental OS functions like that. This is likely to be a problem with most applications so I would suggest instead just getting in the habit of being a bit more cautious and deliberate in the shut down process, checking opened applications before closing (or check CPU activity perhaps).

- Oshyan

nikita

Yeah, I know.. on the other hand: It already suppresses stand by. (If the feature list is correct, haven't tried myself) A delay like "It's still rendering... do you really want to shut down? (You got 20 seconds.)" would be nice if possible.
Ah.. well, I guess there's just no patch for human stupidity...
I just can't help it.. it's like: "*clickedyclick* .. wait... Ahh!"
The fact that I'm hiding the window in the sys tray might be a bad idea.  ::)

A different idea: Buy me a quad core processor so I don't need to render 40 hours on end!  ;D
... ok I'll just buy one myself.

Oshyan

Mm yes, I'm thinking hiding it in the sys tray is the culprit here. ;D

- Oshyan