yes it wouldn't matter to me
25 (65.8%)
yes,to see what its all about
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

lightning

Quote from: sjefen on May 11, 2008, 07:14:12 AM
Quote from: lightning on May 11, 2008, 02:03:54 AM
...but its just a matter of time before a dishonest person puts terragen 2 deep up on warez-bb or demonoid >:(

I personally don't understand this. What makes a person who bought it
just give it away to everybody for free? It just don't make any sense to me.

I'm not saying this because I am a registered user, but since I am, I can say
that I would never give it away and I don't understand people who would.
trust me people do

Mohawk20

Quote from: Will on May 11, 2008, 02:34:04 PM
Vand adobe is thinking about one (at least thats what I hear) for PS.

I heard something about an online version?
Howgh!

Oshyan

rcallicotte

Another software that does a lot of good for free is Paint.NET.  This is by donation only and is very good and has some similarities to Photoshop.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mohawk20

And for the post work we need to do, the GIMP would probably work very well too (and it's free)!
Howgh!

PG

I've been using the tech preview since 15th of december and I bought the pre purchase on the 27th of march. I was very happy with the tech preview but couldn't resist the large resolution, tantalisingly seductive. But as Peejay said, you haven't paid for it so why should you get a priority update the same as those who have paid? What would then be the benefit of paying?
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

latego

Vue actually does have a free version (but its a joke you can't even save)

Vue Personal Learning Edition is a fully functional copy of Vue Infinite with the following limitations:
1) renders are watermarked;
2) binary files (.vob objects, .atm atmospheres, .veg SolidGrowth plants, etc. etc) CREATED with your copy of PLE cannot be loaded on anybodies else Vue installation;
3) you cannot buy things from Cornucopia3D because you have no registered installation.

On ANY other account, Vue PLE is totally equivalent to a bought Vue 6 Infinite installation... so it is not a "joke".

P.S.: no time limit. Even less a joke...

lightning

Quote from: latego on May 12, 2008, 04:17:36 PM
Vue actually does have a free version (but its a joke you can't even save)

Vue Personal Learning Edition is a fully functional copy of Vue Infinite with the following limitations:
1) renders are watermarked;
2) binary files (.vob objects, .atm atmospheres, .veg SolidGrowth plants, etc. etc) CREATED with your copy of PLE cannot be loaded on anybodies else Vue installation;
3) you cannot buy things from Cornucopia3D because you have no registered installation.

On ANY other account, Vue PLE is totally equivalent to a bought Vue 6 Infinite installation... so it is not a "joke".

P.S.: no time limit. Even less a joke...
have you seen the size of the water mark on your render now thats a joke......

Seth

yeah the watermark is a biiiiiiig joke ^^
Vue Infinite too :P

latego

If the watermark wasn't "remarkable", it wouldn't be a watermark wouldn't it?

The message (that you are pretending having not understood) is that Vue gives you a fantastic "demo" which you can use and keep using, every day increasing your craving for its features, until the day you cannot stand this Tantalus torture and get your credit card out... and this is the most not-a-joke part of the thing.

rcallicotte

@latego, I can't speak for everyone here, but I'm assuming that not having that watermark in the TG2 demo is what draws many different people and keeps us interested, whereas the Vue demo didn't hold any such pleasure for me. 

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

I own vue but I don't use it much any more
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

latego

Quote from: calico on May 14, 2008, 01:49:12 PM
@latego, I can't speak for everyone here, but I'm assuming that not having that watermark in the TG2 demo is what draws many different people and keeps us interested, whereas the Vue demo didn't hold any such pleasure for me. 

I assume that Planetside people are more interested in cash flow than crowd interest :D. The best demo is a thing which slowly, relentlessly, mercilessly tortures you into buying a product!

P.S.: in case you are wondering why I post in a TG forum being a Vue user (and not f**k off somewhere else): the better TG is, the more powerful it is, the more E-Onsoftware has work improve Vue ;) so, perhaps, I am one of the most interested people here around in TG2 being great...

Seth

crowd interest=cash flow you know...

Mr_Lamppost

And just remember that all us pre-purchasers who get early access to the seductive new features also get to find all the interesting new bugs.  So that they can be ironed out before the new features are made available to users of the free version. 

There is probably an element of rewarding the people who have bought the product by giving them access to more frequent updates but consider this; the current alpha version is not a very good advert for the final product.  Look around this forum and you will see that there is a memory leak in the alpha.  If you are working on a complex project it becomes necessary to save, exit and restart TG after almost every test render.  The pre-purchasers are experienced users with something invested in the product and are willing to work around problems like this.  What would a new user think if they if this was their first encounter with the product?

I have voted yes because even the current free version gives you the chance to try out the product and see if it works for you.  You can take your time and learn the way it works before deciding if it is right for you.  I have been thinking of taking the 30 day trial of X-Frog for a while now; I can see from the published results that it is a good product but don't want to buy into something that I won't use because I can't get along with the interface.  30 days over say a six month period would be fine but when am I going to get a 30 day block when I can give it a proper trial?

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.