lightning

Quote from: sonshine777 on April 15, 2008, 11:36:32 PM
LARGE file sizes for free?
rapidshare
megaupload
filefront
filefactory
mediafire
they let you upload large files. I know i should give them a break but its happing so often that im starting to get annoyed and it takes a lot to get me annoyed :P

old_blaggard

As I've said, we are going to try to work on this.  Also, the sites that you listed are places to temporarily put files - the goal of our downloads section is to permanently store files related to Terragen in a convenient, organized way.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

sonshine777

Quote from: lightning on April 16, 2008, 06:32:35 PM
Quote from: sonshine777 on April 15, 2008, 11:36:32 PM
LARGE file sizes for free?
rapidshare
megaupload
filefront
filefactory
mediafire
they let you upload large files. I know i should give them a break but its happing so often that im starting to get annoyed and it takes a lot to get me annoyed :P

What I was pointing out was the fact that Ashunder caters to TG2 users, and it doesn't launch pop-up screen for other stuff when you hit the download button.

lightning

What I was pointing out was the fact that Ashunder caters to TG2 users, and it doesn't launch pop-up screen for other stuff when you hit the download button.
sorry i was in a smart ass mood :-[
i know what you mean ashundar is a great site thats why i am annoyed its always down terranuts though has a download section dedicated to terragen 2 but that has nothing in it realy ::)

sonshine777

Quote from: lightning on April 17, 2008, 10:53:33 PM
sorry i was in a smart ass mood :-[
i know what you mean ashundar is a great site thats why i am annoyed its always down terranuts though has a download section dedicated to terragen 2 but that has nothing in it realy ::)

I have uploaded some things on Terranuts, but it takes awhile to get them approved sometimes. And recently I haven't been able to upload my models because it times out during the upload.

Mohawk20

@ OB or Oshyan, just so you know, I got another error... first server busy, now "Table 'smf_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired"..

You probably know this allready, but just trying to help...
Howgh!

lightning

yup i got the exact same message to ???

old_blaggard

Yeah, it'll be back as soon as possible.  If possible, I'm going to try to free up some time to try to hunt down some of these problems so that we won't have to keep on fixing things.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Oshyan

The simple fact is we're able to offer the space and bandwidth at Ashundar because we use relatively low-cost hosting, but there are problems that come with that. I actually have several accounts with this hosting provider and most of the rest are more stable and consistent, and the host keeps saying they're working on improvements for this particular server. At this point though I am tempted to see if I can just move to one of my other accounts, it's just that it's a hassle to move and there's lots of data.

Eventually I hope to come up with a better all around long-term solution for all of my web-related projects (and there are a fair amount), but I've just increased my living costs considerably so I don't think that will be feasible for now. It would also likely require a person to be a Linux web host admin for me as I unfortunately have neither time nor complete knowledge to administer a dedicated host myself (which is what I'd want for hosting all my projects, ultimately). If anyone is a Linux admin and would be willing to contribute time on a dedicated server (keeping it updated and secure, handling crashes and downtime, etc.), I'd be glad to give them a good allowance of space and bandwidth on a dedicated server I'd purchase, but for now the dual barriers of finances and lack of an admin keep me from going this route.

That doesn't mean all hope is lost, though. We continue to work on this issue and will do our best to make significant improvements in all areas in the near future.

- Oshyan

Mohawk20

Quote from: Oshyan on April 29, 2008, 02:23:57 AM
...but I've just increased my living costs considerably so I don't think that will be feasible for now....

What's that? Girlfriend? Kids? New heavyduty fridge?
Howgh!

Oshyan

Moved from Santa Rosa, where the average rent for a decent 2 bedroom apartment is about $1200/mo to San Francisco, where the average rent for a decent 2 bedroom apartment is $2200 or more (depending on the neighborhood). That also extended my commute by about 60 miles a day and with the cost of gas that adds up. On the other hand some costs, like utilities (gas, electric) went down. :)

- Oshyan