If you can't open previously saved files ...

Started by bigsmilez, January 08, 2007, 07:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsmilez

... you might want to try this.

I had this problem, trouble-shot it, and discovered that you must make sure that both TG2 and the file you want to open are exactly in the same directory location (on same hard disk and in the same folder) where they were orginally saved.

I would imagine this will eventually be fixed.

Happy TG'ing!!!

bigsmilez

It turns out that the problem I had was related to a linked terrain that TG2 couldn't find after I had moved the .tgw file from the original location where it was saved.

Another work around is to hit the return button when TG2 freezes upon trying to open the .tgw file and then reloading the terrain (which will still be correctly named in the terrain dialogue box, but not correctly pointing to where the terrain is) -- or as has been suggested, one could also edit the .tgw text file to point to the correct location.

Oshyan

The erroneous dialog boxes will definitely be fixed. Auto-locating resources that have moved is rather more difficult, but we hope to address some of this by allowing the user to setup customized personal content directories for this type of search. As long as the resource moved was still within a specified content directory it should be locatable. There will always be the option of manually specifying the new file location as well.

- Oshyan

bigsmilez

peter1

Quote from: JavaJones on January 10, 2007, 01:13:22 AM
The erroneous dialog boxes will definitely be fixed. Auto-locating resources that have moved is rather more difficult, but we hope to address some of this by allowing the user to setup customized personal content directories for this type of search. As long as the resource moved was still within a specified content directory it should be locatable. There will always be the option of manually specifying the new file location as well.

- Oshyan

What might also be useful, and enable portability across platforms, is a "packed" option, saving everything relating to a scene.