Cut out the discussion of warez and pirated software, models, etc. here!

Started by gregsandor, May 11, 2008, 09:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohawk20

Quote from: calico on May 13, 2008, 10:08:34 AM
Besides Digital Domain, TG2 has been used in Golden Compass and Star Trek and Stealth and another movie I can't remember.  Somebody from Planetside has more info than I have.

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on May 13, 2008, 09:24:35 AM
Quote from: calico on May 13, 2008, 08:50:04 AM
This is one reason I like software like Silo and Modo.  Not too expensive and can still do a lot.  Another good software, if you find it on-sale at DAZ or some other place, is zBrush.  All of these are pretty affordable, if you have even a part-time job, and all of these have been used to make money by some great modelers and artists.

Heck, even TG2 has been used already to make money by someone who owned the full license.  More than once.

@Lightning - Just don't give up.  You're very talented and will figure a way out of this.  Remember - don't quit.  Your stuff is great.

Who do you know for example? Not that I'm seriously planning to try to earn something with TG2 :)

I know Old_Blaggard figured out a way to make money with it...

I myself managed to sell a few images as backgrounds and for a magazine somewhere on the other side of the globe to people who visited my site. Lately however, no one seems interested anymore...
Howgh!

rcallicotte

I've made very little money with it...simple backgrounds aren't exactly a catalyst for stellar money and so I haven't pursued that any longer.

I know a few people on this site have made some money with TG2, but I also know that TG2 (not DD) has been used in at least a few movies.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Moose

Quote from: calico on May 13, 2008, 10:40:46 AMI also know that TG2 (not DD) has been used in at least a few movies.
Anonymous Content have used it for the Saab Blackbird spot - http://www.anonymouscontent.com/director/joseph-kosinksi - and the Mezzo ones that we already know of. Could be more stuff there too, perhaps?

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: calico on May 13, 2008, 10:08:34 AM
Besides Digital Domain, TG2 has been used in Golden Compass and Star Trek and Stealth and another movie I can't remember.  Somebody from Planetside has more info than I have.

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on May 13, 2008, 09:24:35 AM
Quote from: calico on May 13, 2008, 08:50:04 AM
This is one reason I like software like Silo and Modo.  Not too expensive and can still do a lot.  Another good software, if you find it on-sale at DAZ or some other place, is zBrush.  All of these are pretty affordable, if you have even a part-time job, and all of these have been used to make money by some great modelers and artists.

Heck, even TG2 has been used already to make money by someone who owned the full license.  More than once.

@Lightning - Just don't give up.  You're very talented and will figure a way out of this.  Remember - don't quit.  Your stuff is great.

Who do you know for example? Not that I'm seriously planning to try to earn something with TG2 :)

I was aware of those examples, but thanks anyway. I meant persons, to be more precise.
Can you show us which image was published in that magazine Mohawk?
Or can in general anybody post examples?
I'd like to see which level the work has.

Don't want to bring this topic on a side-track on the other hand...

nikita

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on May 13, 2008, 11:11:17 AM
Don't want to bring this topic on a side-track on the other hand...

Why not, you're fulfilling the intention of the thread by not talking about your cracked software  ;D

Mohawk20

Quote from: nikita on May 13, 2008, 11:17:00 AM
Why not, you're fulfilling the intention of the thread by not talking about your cracked software  ;D

Lol  ;D

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on May 13, 2008, 11:11:17 AM
Can you show us which image was published in that magazine Mohawk?
Or can in general anybody post examples?
I'd like to see which level the work has.

It's over 4 years ago, it was with the very old TG 0.9, and I can't find which ones where used for the magazine, but here's one that would be used in a game, as well as one I made poster size for someone in 2 formats at 10x the size I post them here...
Howgh!

Will

I don't have a commercial license for TG so I can't sell my stuff, even if I did its not worth buying this community long surpassed me in skill.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

JimB

Use in Golden Compass would be me, for some of the environment backgrounds around the Gyptian camp. But I was also using the old TG as long ago as Tomb Raider 2 for the base texture/matte painting, mixed with another app for the base terrain (when the camera drops down onto the Great Wall of China).
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

rcallicotte

Cool.  I loved that game.

Quote from: JimB on May 13, 2008, 08:52:19 PM
...I was also using the old TG as long ago as Tomb Raider 2 for the base texture/matte painting, mixed with another app for the base terrain (when the camera drops down onto the Great Wall of China).

JimB

Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

rcallicotte