Problems of renders !

Started by Phylloxera, April 22, 2008, 01:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

Quote from: Moose on April 28, 2008, 07:20:07 AM

Thanks for that link, it was a good read. :)

No problem.     :)

Phylloxera

With the new version of TG2, previously identified problems are solved!

rmfrase

Quote from: Matt on April 24, 2008, 12:02:45 PM
Virtual memory doesn't allow you to break the 2Gb barrier. Virtual memory is basically a way of allowing the OS and applications to use more memory than the amount of physical RAM installed in the machine, but Windows still only allows up to 2Gb of virtual memory per 32-bit application. Virtual memory can allow your combined applications and OS to use much more memory, but Windows still only allows each application to see up to 2Gb.

Matt

Is it possible to have T2 to Calculate "blocks" of the image and store it to the Hard Drive rather than keep the image in momory so it can free up the additional memory?

Matt

For very large images this is probably a good idea, but the image itself doesn't use anywhere near as much memory as what's needed to render it so that's where I'm spending the most effort to improve efficiency for the time being.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Phylloxera

Always the same problem, parts of the image are calculated evil!
Are there a solution for this?
Even using the crops the problem persists?

rcallicotte

I had the same problem so I quit using the most recent Alpha and went back to the previous version.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

I haven't seen these myself but I'm now working on a later revision so it may be fixed. It will be important to re-test once the next update is available.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

@Oshyan, I'm already in the queue for the next version.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Cyber-Angel

Again I'll say that every time I've seen similar things in the Alpha (Though Technically Tech Preview release 3) once the render is further along they always go away; it seems to be the way TG2 now handles the way geometry is passed to the drawing engine at render time, where some times part of the render is not fully completed at that time by the drawing engine which could be that is not enough room is memory to complete that small section, once a more complected section is completed and that memory segment is available then those small square sections are done. Just a theory.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel  ;D             

lightning

i have this problem to!
im currently rendering a picture and part of the mountain is boxed out

by the way that picture is amazing hope to see it fully completed soon!!!

nikita

dito @Ca... Be patient. If parts are missing and it's still rendering there's no reason to assume it won't be rendered at all.

I have yet to see a finished render with missing parts. All I saw till now were aborted renders that are missing parts of the image and well.. if you prevent TG2 from finishing all the tiles and then wonder about unfinished tiles.. that doesn't make sense.

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: nikita on May 10, 2008, 11:51:09 PM
dito @Ca... Be patient. If parts are missing and it's still rendering there's no reason to assume it won't be rendered at all.

I have yet to see a finished render with missing parts. All I saw till now were aborted renders that are missing parts of the image and well.. if you prevent TG2 from finishing all the tiles and then wonder about unfinished tiles.. that doesn't make sense.

I was more referring to the areas in the image that Phylloxera indicated rendering errors on (the small squares) not the black portion of the image, which as you say is uncompleted rendering.  I was trying to say that my theory about why some people are seeing those small squares at render time is that those parts of the render have not yet been yet completed by the drawing engine, I think (and I could be way off) is that TG2 uses a back to front rendering scheme.

With that in mind and maybe due to the way Terragen handles memory allocation at the moment there are ocasions when small sections of rendering are not completed all at the same time and are passed of in stages I think thats whats going on here.

;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel           

nikita

That's what I'm talking about too. :)

Phylloxera

Quote from: calico on May 10, 2008, 05:48:46 PM
@Oshyan, I'm already in the queue for the next version.   ;D
Me too !  ;D

Seth

QuoteWe do not recommend using this build for final production rendering

on the download page of the last version... damn ! we've been warned  ;D