Feature request - placing single objects

Started by FrankThomas, January 08, 2007, 08:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankThomas

Is there any chance we can have a "Sit on Terrain" tickbox for when we import single objects ? the reason I ask is that it can be rather tricky to get the Y setting right for a single object.  We have one for the Population import but not for single instances

JimB

Quote from: FrankThomas on January 08, 2007, 08:04:34 PM
Is there any chance we can have a "Sit on Terrain" tickbox for when we import single objects ? the reason I ask is that it can be rather tricky to get the Y setting right for a single object.  We have one for the Population import but not for single instances
While that's waiting to be implemented, have you tried creating a population of a very small border size so that only one instance is created of your object (instead of using your main object to render with) and move the border to where you want the object to go? In theory, that should give you the same thing but with the single instance dropped to the terrain.

Only as a temporary workaround, but I don't know if disabling the parent object, so it doesn't show up in the render, would disable the instanced version.
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

Oshyan

We'll definitely be providing "drop to terrain"-type functionality for single objects.

- Oshyan