Matt -- feature request

Started by gregsandor, May 22, 2008, 09:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregsandor

It would be helpful to be able to disable all nodes within a group; for example I have 12 point lights in a group which I'd like to turn off while I set up other parts of the scene.  Another group is the shaders for a part of the terrain; same thing.

cyphyr

If you have the latest alpha build 1.9.88.1 simply drag a marquee about the nodes you want to disable and press "d". If you have one of the earlier builds you can select multiple nodes by either Shift or Ctrl clicking each node until all you want are selected and then press "d". In either case press "d" again with the relevant nodes selected to re-activate.
Hope this helps
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Tangled-Universe

I was just thinking about this in my bed last night (thinking about TG when you're supposed to sleep....scary :p)
Didn't know that was possible, while I'm using it so superfrequently ;D
Thanks!

Martin

Matt

Pressing 'D' toggles the disable/enable state of any selected nodes that can be disabled.

If all your nodes are in a group they will be selected when you select the group. (Capture any stray nodes that are not highlighted by right clicking on the group and selecting "Group: Capture". Then deselect and select the group again.)

Any other nodes can be selected by dragging a marquee around them (in build 1.9.88.0 and above).

While we're talking about groups it might be worth mentioning that you can also create a group from a bunch of selected nodes by pressing Ctrl-G (I think this is Option-G on the Mac).

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

jo

Hi,

Quote from: Matt on May 22, 2008, 07:48:18 PM
While we're talking about groups it might be worth mentioning that you can also create a group from a bunch of selected nodes by pressing Ctrl-G (I think this is Option-G on the Mac).

On the Mac it's command-G/Apple-G. You can see it in the Edit menu. There is also a corresponding Ungroup command.

Regards,

Jo

rcallicotte

Good to know.  Thanks Jo and Matt.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?