Explorer Monument final images

Started by Lalla, May 20, 2008, 04:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lalla

This image is correct?
Lalla

Seth

sorry to sound harsh but maybe you should spent more time on your images... you post 3 images on the same day...
i am very sorry i can't help you but i don't know anything about TG0.9... I think that for this kind of almost close-up work you should use TG2... i like TG0.9 for "extra-terrestrial" views with strange armospheres but the lack of details of the ground is a real problem in this kind of pov... anyway... keep on working ;)

Mohawk20

I don't really agree with Seth...

TG 0.9 renders a lot faster, so images are done quicker, and in a learning curve you can't render enough!!

Lalla, could you attach the terrain and world files to your next post? I'd love to play with it a bit (from a nostalgic point of view), and perhaps make some changes to show you what I mean exactly...
Howgh!

Seth

Quote from: Mohawk20 on May 26, 2008, 11:04:17 AM

TG 0.9 renders a lot faster, so images are done quicker, and in a learning curve you can't render enough!!

ah ?
told you i didn't know TG0.9...
we all have different way of learning it seems... :)

Lalla

I don't think that terragen 0.9 is good only for non terrestrial atmos. Image below's is bring from a real Arizona dem, Cape Royal. Atmo is made to create sunrise scenery. Obviously is not equal to reality, but it's more real...
Lalla

Seth

i won't go into TG0.9/TG2 debate ^^
me think TG2 rules the world ! :D

Lalla

Quote from: Mohawk20 on May 26, 2008, 11:04:17 AM

Lalla, could you attach the terrain and world files to your next post? I'd love to play with it a bit (from a nostalgic point of view), and perhaps make some changes to show you what I mean exactly...

Sure! Here is... :).
Lalla

Mohawk20

Nice!!

But first, To Bed! See yall tamorrah...
Howgh!

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: Lalla on May 26, 2008, 05:09:29 AM
This image is correct?

Almost. ;D    you are using TG 0.9 in ways I never did, I am very much Mr_Procedural so never experimented with imported terrains of using image maps.  The spacing of the strata is much better on this one although a more subtlety on the colours would make it even better.  Your images have shown a lot of improvement as this thread has developed and to my mind you are going about things the right way.  There is no substitute for experimenting and trying lots of things.   ;)  8)
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Lalla

Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on May 26, 2008, 08:11:17 PM
Quote from: Lalla on May 26, 2008, 05:09:29 AM
This image is correct?

Almost. ;D    you are using TG 0.9 in ways I never did, I am very much Mr_Procedural so never experimented with imported terrains of using image maps.  The spacing of the strata is much better on this one although a more subtlety on the colours would make it even better.  Your images have shown a lot of improvement as this thread has developed and to my mind you are going about things the right way.  There is no substitute for experimenting and trying lots of things.   ;)  8)

Is possible use procedural textures on terragen 0.9?
Lalla

Mohawk20

Quote from: Lalla on May 27, 2008, 09:17:49 AM
Is possible use procedural textures on terragen 0.9?

Yes, and you are using them... not the strata, but the rest.
Howgh!

Lalla

Strange atmo but good pov, for me... ;)

Lalla

Lalla

A good atmo? Maybe... Navajo Bridge, Arizona
Only a test...
Lalla

Mohawk20

I'm working on the scene you posted, and I got some nice textures (after a long time of reaquainting myself with the software... ;))
I just can't get the strata to work anymore... it pretty frustrating!

Can you tell me how you did it?

Here is an image of what I got so far:
For you who are not familiar with the old version, this render took only 5 minutes at highest quality + extra registered version quality options at 1280*960
Now that's speed!
Howgh!

Seth

Quote from: Mohawk20 on May 27, 2008, 05:42:25 PM

For you who are not familiar with the old version, this render took only 5 minutes at highest quality + extra registered version quality options at 1280*960
Now that's speed!

Oo
i see what you meant by speed now ^^
but don't you think that with this amount of details TG2 will be as fast ?