Started by lightning, May 29, 2008, 04:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neon22

AndyWelder

Thank you, lightning, much appreciated.
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

Seth

Blonderator

Is anybody else having problems with this pack of trees?

Right when I imported one of the trees, I got about 20 errors about missing files and textures. I had to manually re-assign each texture.

Now there's white dots all over my trees. Any help would be appreciated.

lightning

Quote from: Blonderator on June 10, 2008, 09:14:33 PM
Is anybody else having problems with this pack of trees?

Right when I imported one of the trees, I got about 20 errors about missing files and textures. I had to manually re-assign each texture.

Now there's white dots all over my trees. Any help would be appreciated.
are you using the alpha?
if so thats the problem!!
i have the alpha but i don't use it because of this and a few other reasons
it works perfectly on the older version which i use
the reason why there is a loads of white patches
is because you haven't re-assigned the alpha image properly in the default shader

Tangled-Universe

Yes I think it is probably the alfa-image,...
Normally I save the images and alfa-images seperately as .bmp's. I also shrink the white part of the alfa-image by 1 or 2 pixels to be absolutely sure that only the leave will show and not the background of the leave-image.
This happens quite often when using alfa's from Xfrog libraries, but I think Lightning takes good care of this aspect.

Blonderator

Thanks everyone. That was it - I figured it had something to do with the alpha but I wanted to make sure before installing the old one.

mogn

If you are running the alpha, you don't have to install the older release, just copy it to another directory.

Blonderator

I know. I've got them both installed now.

I had un-installed it earlier, thinking for some reason I wouldn't need it before they fixed the memory leak.

pfrancke

Zairyn Arsyn

thanks, I'm downloading.
I'll see how this works with the current render I'm working on
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

PorcupineFloyd

That's 100% fantastic! Can't wait to do some renders with this :-)

r c-s