Explorer Monument final images

Started by Lalla, May 20, 2008, 04:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lalla

I know that tg2 as a lot of possibilities than tg 0.9, but also tg 0.9 is a good version to render look real   scenery.
Lalla

rcallicotte

Then, to bring up one of TG2's favored points, TG2 can do clearly realistic spot-on exactly real scenery.  Have you seen some of the work here by a few who have used actual terrain files from real places?  Mt. Saint Helens and the Grand Canyon and some Arizona deserts are a few I remember.

Quote from: Lalla on May 29, 2008, 04:56:28 AM
I know that tg2 as a lot of possibilities than tg 0.9, but also tg 0.9 is a good version to render look real   scenery.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Lalla

Quote from: calico on May 29, 2008, 10:29:24 AM
Then, to bring up one of TG2's favored points, TG2 can do clearly realistic spot-on exactly real scenery.  Have you seen some of the work here by a few who have used actual terrain files from real places?  Mt. Saint Helens and the Grand Canyon and some Arizona deserts are a few I remember.

Quote from: Lalla on May 29, 2008, 04:56:28 AM

I've downloaded a bunch of Arizonas dems, in particular all canyons of Coconino's county. I noticed that these dems have some good pov to render with tg2 or tg 0.9.
Lalla

Seth

Mohawk20

Well, here's a TG2 render...

It took about 50 minutes to render and the only big difference in realism is the textures on the more vertical faces.
Howgh!

Seth

c'mon you can do bettre ;)
the clouds first, some fake stones  too...

Mohawk20

;D :P

I've tried a render with  the strata shader, but it doesn't affect colour, it doesn't even give lines on the vertical faces, only terracing...
And any more detail will give even more waiting time.

But I'll make it a beauty  ;)
Howgh!

Seth

Mohawk20

And here it is... full detail TG2 render with real grass and clouds ["ohhhh, aaahhh"].
Howgh!

rcallicotte

Interesting.  I like how the forward grass looks realistically lit. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

I agree Calico, the lighting on the grass looks quite natural and so does the patchy looking distribution.

Mohawk20

Thanks. Lighting is mostly high enviro light settings. Sure helps making the shadows visible...

Now I think I've hijacked Lalla's thread long enough. You can have it back now Lalla... ;)
Howgh!