"At the edge of water"

Started by Phylloxera, June 02, 2008, 12:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phylloxera

Fake stones - Transparency water - trees XFrog - Grass (Klas) personal texture -

Tangled-Universe

Ahhh that looks nice Joel. Sweet image, love the reflections of the trees.
The grasses look good as well. I think you didn't use soft-shadows on this one, if you did then I would increase the diameter a bit to soften and lighten the shadows on the water.
The waterscales are a bit too small related to the grasses and rocks, but the underwater coloring is really good!
In overall good work!

Martin

rcallicotte

Wow!  Great idea.  Water looks good.  Beautiful use of reflection and nice render.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

great pov and very good grass...
i like when you try something new like this ;)

Mr_Lamppost

Although the reflected trees are very pleasing to the eye I have to agree with TU that the scale of the waves is far to Small in comparison with the grass.  As for soft shadows the default diameter of 0.5 degrees is close enough to accurately represent soft shadows cast by the sun on a clear day.  The increased render time may not justify the resultant visual improvement.

These minor things apart this is a nice image.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Phylloxera

Adjustments of water : the roughness is in 0.005 - Wave scale 1 - Smallest scale 0.1 - Wind patch effect 1 - Wind patch size 1 and Wind patch sharpness 1.

I tested with the roughness with 0 that gives a very smooth effect which did not rain me.
I could can be to put at 0.001?

rcallicotte

As far as the roughness of the water, I honestly thought wind had blown over the surface of the water.  This is how it looks.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

@Phyllo: looking forward to see your update...yes you can use a value of 0.001. Don't know the result of o.005, maybe you can chose something between it, like 0.0025 :)

@Calico: I see and can also imagine what you mean, nevertheless I still think it is too small.
@Seth: remember one of FrankB's latest images? ;)
@Lamppost: adding softshadows @ 0.5 diameter and 9 samples won't add that much to the rendertime I think.

Seth

Tangled-Universe

yup :) not that important though, but it inmediately showed up into my mind :)