unwanted translation

Started by gregsandor, June 21, 2008, 07:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregsandor

Why does TG move my object locations.  Every time I place something, TG adds or subracts to its coords.  I want the object at 100 m, not 99.99 m.  How do I prevent this unwanted translation?

And the scientific notation is unhelpful for my animation.  How do I keep ordinary numbers in the fields?

jo

Hi Greg,

I can't give you any advice about the positioning issues, I don't know what's up there. I haven't noticed problems with this myself. Is this only after you've saved and opened a project?

As to the scientific notation, you can't get rid of it. We have discussed this before, I personally find it very awkward, and we will likely add a way to specify the number formatting in the future.

Regards,

Jo

nikita

From the Tech Preview 3 changelog:
Quote from: Matt on April 25, 2008, 10:16:29 AMCorrected problems relating to objects' heading/elevation/distance parameters when loading from projects or clips. They no longer introduce unwanted non-integer position values (eg. very small non-zero values were seen on the planet position).

My opinion: When you make an animation, you shouldn't have to do it by slightly altering values in each frame in the first place.