Mars: Hirise
Fence: an artifact at the DTMs edge
Thoatrider: Turbosquid, copyright by Disney
Glint: Photoshop
Best Regards,
J

masonspappy

Nice Image (Where's Deja?)
What's the glinty thing on the other side of the canyon?

Dune

Interesting image, I like the mystery very much. But what is that fence artifact? I would have thought it was a row of stretched stones. And the glint is a nice touch, but what is the line extending from it, artifact of displacement interaction combined with height control? The line goes in front of some rocks, so it could also be a barbed wire hanging very close to the camera.

Mahnmut

Thanks!

@ Masonspappy:  Maybe your two questions answer each other?

@Dune: I think the fence is a row of white or undefined pixels along the edge of the HiRise-patch,

(https://www.flickr.com/photos/13280352@N04/14604752192/sizes/o/in/photostream/)

but I thought it looked quite mysterious and more lik an alien artifact than a render-artifact, so I decided to integrate it into the story. same with the thin line, it seems related to the edge, it was much more obvious during the rendertime. Now it´s some kind of laser or wire, and a focus for the Rider to look at.
Cheers,
Jan

TheBadger

Another good one Jan. Always look forward to seeing what your posting.

I think the creature is a reference from a disney film? Can't remember the name. Only saw about ten min or so on TV.
And I thought that the "fence" was a model from the same as the green creature. Thought it was part of the set.

It has been eaten.

Mahnmut

Yes,
it is a Tark from "John Carter of Mars", not to be confounded with "John Carpenters Ghosts of Mars".
I also found the "Woola" on Turbosquid, a funny doglike creature that is the comic relief of that movie, I don´t think it fits the atmosphere of this image though.
I am quite content with how the artifacts blend into the overall impression.
Cheers,
Jan

Mahnmut

Worth an upscale, methinks. Sorry for flooding, I just have so much fun rediscovering my old pics. Enough now.
barsoom by JT, on Flickr