Coming home...

Started by IanR, June 08, 2008, 02:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanR

Like Jahhur I've been watching this forum in relative silence for a while and I thought it was about time I started taking part...especially seeing as I used an object from here in my latest render ;)  (Thanks lightning for the bush - http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=3622.0)

Any C&C greatly appreciated.

Cheers, IanR

rcallicotte

This is interesting.  It feels cramped, though, and I was thinking I've experienced the same sense of spatial confusion before.  Try changing the lens angle width to a bit wider and consider shrinking your city a little.  I like the colors of the sky and the cool clouds, but the bush is a little shiny.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

I like the colors and lighting to the scene.  I like the impression that the camera is located along a close wall and taking a picture of the city; it gives a good balance of perspective.  However, the bush needs to be a little smaller, a little less reflective, and a little farther away from the camera.  You might also consider doing a population of them.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Mahnmut

I like the reflective bush.
It´s not realistic in an earthlike way, but neither is the sky and city if I may say so.
To me it makes the impression of some other world, hich is quite congruent.
Best regards, Jan

Mr_Lamppost

I do like the overall feel of this, the sky and lighting work very well.  I agree about the "Cramped" feel but that's part of the composition and works fine.  I would keep the bush where it is but also add a sparse population of them in the middle distance, I would also add a little more variation in the colour of the cround. 
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

IanR

Wow - thanks for all the feedback.

There was something bothering me about this one but I couldn't quite put my finger on it...I'll post an update when I've tried some of the ideas.

Cheers, IanR