TG2 Product Branding/ Product Identification Contest Idea

Started by Cyber-Angel, January 10, 2007, 11:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Angel

Since Terragen is now going mainstream its time that it had proper Product Branding and Product Identification.

Since TG2 is going to be a commercial product with four products in the product line (TG2 Standard, TG2 Creative, TG2 Deep and TG2 Deep + Animation) and may or may not have a boxed version Terragen really needs a Logo that when you see it you say hey that the Terragen Logo, just about every other well know 3d application has one that people can identify with.

So my idea is to open up an official contest with clearly set out guidelines in terms of marketing direction, product identity etc and open this up to the community with the winner having their winning submission used in the marketing of TG2.

There should be variations for each of the products in the Terragen product line with the top range items (TG2 Deep and TG2 Deep + Animation) been by there nature been clearly identified as such.

An on contract artist can only do so much and will have only so many ideas where by been open to the community there will be more choices. Just to note there is a president for such a contest over at Nevercenter (Makers of Silo 3D) they are running such a contest.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

Dark Fire

That's a great idea - Terragen desparately needs some sort of easily recognisable logo. As well as being used on the website and boxes (if boxed editions are sold), the logo could be used on merchandise (such as t-shirts and mugs) - a great way to advertise Terragen and get Planetside extra money.

Will

Yes great idea! I like the image at the top of the fourms right now but there defintly needs to be a more simple easly idenfiable logo. I think the covers on the Vue products look nice, just throwing the idea out there :)
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.