Problem when opening downloaded .tgd files

Started by Crystek, June 16, 2008, 11:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crystek

Using 1.9.04.1

Whenever I try to open a .tgd that I downloaded, about 50 dialog boxes appear with a message like this:

SetParamFromString: Unknown Parameter: "param_name" in class: class_name

If I click through all of the boxes, then I find that the picture looks different than the picture that the download was supposed to create, with the only consistent difference being that all surfaces appear white. If I try to open one of my own project files after this event, Terragen crashes, and I have to open and crash several times before I can get to my files. This happens only with projects downloaded from these forums.

???

rcallicotte

In this version (1.9.04.1), if you try to open a TGD that was created in the Alpha, this will be your problem.  Matt mentioned something about the fix somewhere in the forums.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mr_Lamppost

Most of the problems are caused by the way the use of colur and colour have been standardised to a universal use of colour in parameter names within the .tgd files generated by the new alpha.  There are also a couple of entirely new shaders and extensions to others, notably the water shader, which will not be recognised by any version prior to build 1.9.88.1

If none of the new shaders are used in the scene it is possible to manually edit the .tgd file using a text editor. I can't guarantee that this is a complete list but these are the ones I know about:

In the SUNLIGHT definition.

Change colour to color

In the CONSTANT_SHADER definition.

Change colour to color

In each POWER FRACTAL definition.

Change
apply_high_colour to apply_high_color
   high_colour to high_color
   apply_low_colour to apply_low_color
   low_colour to low_color
   colour_contrast to color_contrast
   colour_offset to color_offset
   colour_roughness to color_roughness
   clamp_high_colour to clamp_high_color
   clamp_low_colour to clamp_low_color

Restart TG2 and load your modified .tgd you will get a couple of unknown parameter errors about render buckets don't worry these are not supported in your version. 
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.