Poll: How often do you forget to click "Set Camera"?

Started by Crystek, June 03, 2008, 12:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How often do you forget to click "Set Camera"?

EVERY FREAKING TIME!
9 (17%)
Usually
21 (39.6%)
Sometimes
11 (20.8%)
Rarely
12 (22.6%)
I never forget!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Crystek

Too often, I get 15 minutes into the render & I realize I forgot to click "Set Camera." I was wondering if this happened to everyone or if it was just me.

Of course, sometimes "Set Camera" & "View Camera" are very useful if I'm experimenting with different camera positions.

inkydigit

yeah, quite often, but I check often...recently whilst using Nikita's 'population restriction through camera projection' trick, if I moved the camera, forgot to set as current then hit re-populate, tgtp crashed everytime...doh!:)

Tangled-Universe

Nikita's 'population restriction through camera projection' trick???
Where can I find that? ;D

Thanks in advance.

Martin

rcallicotte

It's easier to make a mistake when I have more than one active camera or with the new system when I forget which button does what.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

jaf

I wonder if making the "Set Camers" blink when it can be updated, to draw a little more attention to it.

Or maybe an option, when initiating a render (you cold turn it off by checking a "don't show this message again" box) to post a message like: "a camera position has changed -- do you want to update it before rendering?"
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Crystek

EBAndrew

Quote from: jaf on June 04, 2008, 07:04:35 PM
I wonder if making the "Set Camers" blink when it can be updated, to draw a little more attention to it...

Or even just have it highlighted orange or somesuch.

But yeah, this happens to me all the time.
-Andrew

sjefen

I used to forget it. Not anymore, but I wish it's use where to only save the view.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Tangled-Universe

When I wake up and go to work I usually start up a render and when I get back home (12-13 hours later) I'm checking the result.
It happend once that I forgot to save my camera-settings. Render(time) gone :( Now I rarely forget it :)