Animation Updates?

Started by Blonderator, June 10, 2008, 01:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blonderator

I have a few questions about the Animation package in Terragen.

I realize that the Animation package will be released later on, once the core package has been polished and released.

But please, please Planetside - make there be at lease a little bit of graphical interface. It's so clunky to have to go through and set the animation keys, and then save... and if you set an animation key and then decide you want to move it to an earlier point in the timeline, well you're screwed - theres no way to delete individual animation keys.

I don't understand why the only way to fix an error in a camerapath is to delete the ENTIRE path and completely restart? Maybe I'm missing something. There should be an option to delete individual Animation Keys.

I've attached an image of what the timeline should look like. The green dots are the equivalent of the "animation keys" in Terragen. I want the ability to click and drag, or delete individual animation keys. This is what is featured in the Crysis Level Editor and it works great - camera path animations are a breeze, and take only minutes to set up.

One last request - when you click play in the bottom left to play your scene, it seems to be playing at 10 FPS. Can the default be changed to 30 FPS somehow? If not it needs to be set this way, IMO.

Again, I realize the Animation package is highly in development and is secondary to the main package. But these features are necessary to make the animator usable.

Cyber-Angel

Talking of the animation module the addition of an F-Curve Editor to control timing would be nice.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel 

schroedera

I'd be happy with a curve editor similar to that in 3DSMax, but that's just my background talking.  In Max, there's a curve editor and a dope sheet for the individual parameters (of which there are more than enough to warrant an advanced interface in Terragen).

Oshyan

The timeline used for animation editing is pretty commonplace and familiar these days. We to plan to implement something along these lines, in addition to other obvious requirements like better manipulation and deletion of individual keyframes, frame rate adjustment, etc. The full details of the animation module's intended features will be released in the future. For now the animation functionality included is basic but remarkably powerful nonetheless.

- Oshyan