Growing TG2 community...

Started by Njen, January 10, 2007, 12:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

well think of it this way: With age comes wisdom (it better or I don't stand a chance)

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Cyber-Angel

To have knowledge you must first have learning, for only through knowledge may you gain wisdom and through wisdom may you gain enlightenment. For it is said not all those who have learning have knowledge, not all those who have knowledge gain wisdom and not all those with wisdom gain enlightenment.

It is also said that those who would embark on a journey along a step road at night should like the wise man carry a lamp to light his way, then be like the foolish man who dose not. For it is better to be like the wise man with the lamp then be like the foolish man without the lamp who strayed from the road over a precipice.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel 

Will

Cyber_Angel are you going to major in philosphy? I think you would be good at it.

Regards,

Will

Cyber-Angel

If I have time one day I would love to go to University to study the subject more formally maybe with art history if that's possible but more fundamentally then a university education can only give you the base upon which you may or not build upon, and really is no substitute for a life of thinking and arguing a point, the latter I have been doing since age 7, you are either born a philosopher or your are not.

Let me put to you like this, you can teach some one to play the blues, but unless they feel it there will be no truth, no feeling in what they say and if you sing the blues without truth then what your singing is not the blues and form that instance you have no business calling your self a blues-man nor indeed your music the blues, the blues is more then just music its an attitude, a way of thinking, of feeling and living in fact its away of life, the same conversely is true of philosophy you wake up with it in the morning and see in in your dreams at night.

To be a philosopher is to be born knowing that there a fundamental questions that need to be asked and that there is some thing underlying every thing, though what that thing is no one is really sure what is but some thing in the mind says that it is there; it is that thing that eats away at the philosopher you cannot teach that feeling you have it or you don't.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel     

Dark Fire

You guys are making me feel like a foreigner from a long-forgotten insignificant country. I can't work out exactly what 'high school' is (the page on Wikipedia is far too long to bother reading). Anyway, it's surprising the number of users of this forum still in education...

Will

Well I want to go into computer science after High School, possiby going on to work on games or in movies so this is really doing what I love. I've been doing CG stuff since I was 10, Terragen was my first try then I went to Animation Master, not I'm going progressing with ZBrush, Terragen 2, XSI, and realflow.

Regards,

Will

old_blaggard

Dark Fire - it's OK if you don't understand high school; I don't understand the British educational system either.  Essentially, we have five years of primary school, three years of middle school/junior high school, and four years of high school.  It's similar to the French system of five years of "Ecole primaire", four years of"College", and three years of "Lycee".

Will - It seems you got started on this pretty early.  I think I knew what a computer what when I was 10... :P.  Seriously, though, I'm kind of jealous of you for knowing what you want to do.  I'm really interested in lots of things, so I keep on second-guessing myself when I decide what I want to end up doing.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Dark Fire

Quote from: old_blaggard on February 11, 2007, 03:34:41 PM
I don't understand the British educational system either.
Thanks for the explanation of the American system.

Here is a summary of what most people have to go through in tha UK:
1. Primary school (which you start at 4 years of age) - 7 years (Reception, and Years 1 to 6)
2. Secondary School (which you start at 11 years of age) - 5 years (either called years 7 to 11 or 1st to 5th years)
3. 6th form or college (which you start at 16 years of age) - 2 years (lower and upper sixth) (6th forms are often part of secondary schools)
4. University or gap year and university (which you start at 18 or 19 depending on whether you take a gap year)

The only compulsory stages are primary and secondary school. The major exams are in Year 2 (Key Stage 1), Year 6 (Key Stage 2), Year 9 (Key Stage 3), Years 10 and 11 (GCSE), Lower 6th (AS) and Upper Sixth (A-Levels).

Quote from: Will on February 11, 2007, 03:05:24 PM
...I've been doing CG stuff since I was 10...
That is amazingly young. I was four years older when I first used Terragen and started programming.

MeltingIce

Terragen was my first 3D rendering program as well.  I started in 6th grade when I was 11 or 12 years old  :P

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Will

I really need to learn python thoughbecuase I need to learn how to script better.

Quote from: old_blaggard on February 11, 2007, 03:34:41 PM
Will - It seems you got started on this pretty early.  I think I knew what a computer what when I was 10... :P.  Seriously, though, I'm kind of jealous of you for knowing what you want to do.  I'm really interested in lots of things, so I keep on second-guessing myself when I decide what I want to end up doing.

I know what you mean, I know what field I want to go into but past that it still really foggy, I have changed my world veiw so many times over the past couple years that it all kind of mind boggling.

Regards,

Will

king_tiger_666

you guys all started really young:P... note when university comes alone terragen will lose importance:P trust me:P

i started 1 year ago with terragen... and no i'm not 11:P lol
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Will

two words: time compression. thats right I have learned to munipulate time with only my mind  8) (they need a confident smily)

Yea I know and it will be an intresting thing leaving it behind since I have grown up with it, its like that stuffed animal we all had except it is an assembly of code......yea

Regards,

Will

Dark Fire

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on February 11, 2007, 05:47:05 PM
... note when university comes alone terragen will lose importance:P trust me:P
Not really. We'll just leave our computers rendering then, instead of sitting there watching them slowly render all day.

Will

or in my case hitting refresh every thirty secounds on the fourms.

Regards,

Will

king_tiger_666

or I suppose you could use the university computers, with terragen on a usb drive, oh what a oppotunity I missed:(..

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>