Growing TG2 community...

Started by Njen, January 10, 2007, 12:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

which brings to mind what school you guys applying to? And Ive leagers here.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on February 11, 2007, 07:48:57 PM
or I suppose you could use the university computers, with terragen on a usb drive, oh what a oppotunity I missed:(..

Oh, yeah... if I can just get my hands on a computer lab for even 24 hours... instant animation :P.

Quote from: Will on February 11, 2007, 07:50:56 PM
which brings to mind what school you guys applying to? And Ive leagers here.

I visited a couple of Ivy League schools and decided that they were a bit too big for my tastes.  I might try to go to one of them for grad school.  Instead, I'm going to their small liberal arts counterparts.  My top three are Swarthmore College, Middlebury College, and Northwestern University.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

king_tiger_666

I had a swip card for after hours access... :D
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

MeltingIce

Quote from: Dark Fire on February 03, 2007, 07:13:56 AM
Quote from: Will on February 01, 2007, 06:45:47 PM
Quote from: old_blaggard on February 01, 2007, 06:44:02 PM
Yeah, these forums are pretty impressive.  I really like the SMF features, and everyone here is really helpful - I haven't seen a single person get flamed yet ;).

heh yea I may be the youngest guy on these fourms being only a sophmore in highschool, which would explain the lack of flaming.

Regards,

Will
There are quite a few active young people on these forums, which is interesting and shows that there is a potential for Terragen to be introduced into some qualifications. For example, oggyb, MeltingIce, Will and I are all apparently under 20, and yet we are top posters 10, 7, 2 and 4 respectively.
Hahaha, yes I am seriously under 20 (18 since January to be exact).

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Will

we are the more youthful demographic of terragen 2.

regards,
Will

MeltingIce

Oh and to answer your other question, I have already gotten into and sent in my deposit for the Worcester Polytechnic Institute  :D

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Will

Neat, I like their website. I ask this of you guys becuase after taking the PSATs  I have gotten about thirty emails regards collages that I will not be even appling to for anouther two years. Its just so tempting since I live one hour away from cambrige. 100 miles from three of the best schools in the world.

regards,

Will

old_blaggard

Yeah, after I took the PSATs, my inbox started filling up with college mail.  When it peaked this summer, I used to get 4 or 5 college emails per day.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Will

yea now they are bigging to send more asking why I haven't replyed and I'm afriad I have began to feel guilty about it...they are findly getting at me...must ...get... away!

regards,

Will

king_tiger_666

Quote from: Will on February 12, 2007, 07:39:55 PM
Its just so tempting since I live one hour away from cambrige. 100 miles from three of the best schools in the world.

regards,

Will

best in what academic area?... surely not all:P...

Will

well yes but if you think about it MIT, Harvard, I've head MASSART is very good as well.
But I understand what you mean thats why I said some of the best schools.

Regards,

Will

king_tiger_666

which leads me to the question what are all your backgrounds?... mine is
physical geography/geomorphology/geology     

Will

Well I plan to go into computer science but so far my summer job has been as a lab techie at the local university working in the Biology, oceanogrfy department. I also find astrology intresting and like to go play with my teloscope and before I set a feild on fire my friend and I would build rockets.

Regards,

Will

hansiMUC

we may just offer them some internships :-)
if they would like to :-)

red_planet

Will.....

Do you mean astronomy.. or astrology.....

The difference is important ..... to astronomers anyway.... ;)

Rgds

Chris