Animation Offer

Started by schroedera, June 08, 2008, 06:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schroedera

I'd like to extend an offer to the members of the forum to render an animation at 720x480, 15-25 seconds in length, for free.  If you're interested, please post a single frame from your animation at 720x480.  I'll review and select a couple that I feel will result in the best animation, and request that the .tgp be emailed, so that I can preview the camera path within Terragen.  Of the 2 or 3 that get to "step 2", I'll pick the final and begin to render the animation.  The resultant frames will be provided by FTP to owner.

We're offering this in order to test our inhouse renderfarm.  Since we're not particularly talented with Terragen 2 at the moment, and thought we would likely get a much better response from the experienced members of the board.

Also we would appreciate it if machine specs and rendertimes were to accompany posted frames.

Best Regards,
Andrew

schroedera

Just wanted to add that this isn't a scam in anyway, just a sincere offer to render someone's animation for them - I'm a little surprised that no one's interested enough to reply yet, unless no one's really producing animations with TG2.

rcallicotte

Some might be, but until the animation module is completed (after TG2 goes gold), it might be awhile before this piece of TG2 takes off.

This is my take, anyway.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sjefen

I guess it's ok with a simple animation with the camera flying over the the mountains and trough the clouds and stuff like that.
If so.... I'll give it a try when I have a more stable version.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Oshyan

I've got a nice, complex scene already animated (camera path, sunlight, clouds, stars, moon) that takes about an hour per frame on a Q6600 if you're game to try it. ;D

- Oshyan

Blonderator

I've been working on a lot of animations.

Luckily the people who need me to make them animations need space scenes - rendering in space is a snap in Terragen, and only takes about 2 minutes per frame. Score!

My .tgd isn't worth sharing, as the model included has no textures. But if nobody else submits their work, I'll do mine :D
My animations also won't be a very good benchmark to test a renderfarm on, since all the frames render so fast. Unless you decide to render at 1280x720... cough...

Seth

do we need to make the camera path and all ? ^^
cuz' i don't even know how to do it ;D

schroedera

Quote from: seth93 on June 10, 2008, 01:27:25 AM
do we need to make the camera path and all ? ^^
cuz' i don't even know how to do it ;D

It would sure help.   ;)

gregsandor

Quote from: schroedera on June 08, 2008, 06:42:06 PM
I'd like to extend an offer to the members of the forum to render an animation at 720x480, 15-25 seconds in length, for free.  If you're interested, please post a single frame from your animation at 720x480.  I'll review and select a couple that I feel will result in the best animation, and request that the .tgp be emailed, so that I can preview the camera path within Terragen.  Of the 2 or 3 that get to "step 2", I'll pick the final and begin to render the animation.  The resultant frames will be provided by FTP to owner.

We're offering this in order to test our inhouse renderfarm.  Since we're not particularly talented with Terragen 2 at the moment, and thought we would likely get a much better response from the experienced members of the board.

Also we would appreciate it if machine specs and rendertimes were to accompany posted frames.

Best Regards,
Andrew

I have four scenes, three of which are animated flyovers of terrain in atmosphere with models, and one is models in black space with no terrain and no atmosphere.  Is this offer still open?