Terragen 2.00 Presentation Video?

Started by lightning, June 23, 2008, 05:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

when planetside releases terragen build 2.00 are they going to release a presentation video along with it  like most of the other gfx software company's do?
it would be cool to see some really hq animations just to show the gfx world what terragen is really capable of ;D
and animation to me is a lot more appealing to still shots
and from a buyers point of view a set of animations where people can actually see terragen full scale action maybe a good selling point?
i would like to here your thoughts..............

old_blaggard

Are you talking about a demo reel of arstists' animation work or a sort of video introduction to the program?  Either way, I think it would be a good idea, and either way, I'm pretty sure it won't happen for the 2.0 release but could occur sometime after that.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Tangled-Universe

Probably no animations, cuz it would take a couple of extra months to render ;D lol...

But seriously, it would be nice :)

lightning

buchvecny

yeah actually it would be great to see some eye candy. I was thinking about trying mojoworld however its strange gallery totally put me off it, i dont know if its free to submit but its just crooked.

gregsandor

Okay guys drop in over at this thread http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=4285.0 and help us get a workable solution for animating groups and I will contribute the resulting animation to this demo.  Fair enough?

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: gregsandor on June 25, 2008, 05:58:28 AM
Okay guys drop in over at this thread http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=4285.0 and help us get a workable solution for animating groups and I will contribute the resulting animation to this demo.  Fair enough?

I'm sorry, but are you going to spam every topic asking to jump in onto your problems/topics?
If I knew how to help you I certainly would have helped you, for sure. I think that accounts for most people here.

gregsandor

This thread is about animation from TG for a reel.  I am making one, and if I can get over a couple of hurdles with help from other users here I can produce the animation.  That is the topic of the thread.  My offer stands.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: gregsandor on June 25, 2008, 07:28:40 PM
This thread is about animation from TG for a reel.  I am making one, and if I can get over a couple of hurdles with help from other users here I can produce the animation.  That is the topic of the thread.  My offer stands.

The topic of YOUR thread. Not this one.
Like I said, if I or somebody else knew how to help you with those hurdles you certainly already had some answers etc.
Everybody is willing to help each other here, believe me :)
I'm just saying this because I saw you did this in several other topics as well...not necessary I think :)

gregsandor

Yes, this thread is about animation, and thank you for bumping it.  As we speak another member of the forum is helping with the very animation solution described and we are getting closer to accomplishing the request made in this thread.  Thanks!

Dark Fire

Ooh! Planetside should do a set of videos and a cool press conference thing, just like this. :D