Terrain tools

Started by Mid-Knight Acchan, June 20, 2008, 08:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid-Knight Acchan

Hello, all.
When I make a Japanese manual of Terragen2, I look at the various sites, and I turn around.
I found the interesting tool which made heightfield in that. 
If there is a person used this for, please tell an impression.

http://www.daylongraphics.com/index.htm
I started 3D landscape with "Bryce" and am currently editing Japanese Wiki as a Terragen user. I am riding the Kawasaki ZEPHYR1100. I am a reader.

rcallicotte

Please explain your question further.  I don't yet understand.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Sengin

He's asking that if anyone has used this tool, to let him know their impressions.

gregsandor

I have used Leveller for years; it is a very useful tool and is under constant improvement.

Mid-Knight Acchan

I'm sorry in the question not understood easily.  :'(

I am using the Photoshop to make the Terrain map.
I want to buy if Leveller is more convenient than the Photoshop and to make a Japanese manual as well as Terragen2.
However, I am not good at English.
Before the purchase of this software, I heard the voice of the user here and wanted to make reference of the purchase.

Thank you gregsandor.
I will examine a little more, and buy it.  ;)

What is everyone using for the tool?... ???
I started 3D landscape with "Bryce" and am currently editing Japanese Wiki as a Terragen user. I am riding the Kawasaki ZEPHYR1100. I am a reader.

rcallicotte

To make terrains outside of TG2, I use one of these from time to time - Terragen .9, Geocontrol, Bryce or L3DT.  Using Photoshop is not a bad way to do it.

TG2, on the other hand, is a very useful tool to creating terrains with excellent displacements and useful controls.  This even includes functions.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

JimB

I use Leveller for some things, and it's very good (especially exporting optimised meshes). But I don't feel I use it to its full extent by any means.

However, you should check out World Machine 2 if you're willing to wait for a couple of weeks.
http://www.world-machine.com/features.html
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

Arandil

I also use Leveller to convert terrain files from one format to another (Wilbur is also useful for this, and free).  You can also use Leveller to rectify terrain files made by other programs, or to resample the terrain at different resolutions.

Cheers

Seth

i only use TG2...
but if i wanted to use something else, i'll wait for July 4th to buy WM2...

Mid-Knight Acchan

It is pleasant that I make it with only TG2 in various ways.  ;)
But import is comfortable to make form decided beforehand.

WM2!
Thank you for good information. I wait.
I test Leveller by a demonstration.

Thank you, everybody