Dates

Started by rcallicotte, June 23, 2008, 08:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

Quote from: Zylot on June 24, 2008, 10:55:00 AM
..............And we've come 'round full circle.  Inky can wave a checkered flag, the crowd will cheer, a thread like this will reappear, and I'll be up in the stands munchin' on a hotdog (or whatever you eat in a race).
is this me?
if so, what do you mean?
if not, ignore me!
cheers
inky
(searches for checkered flag, just incase)

Zylot

Yes it's you, and I need your support when we finally have a beta release so you can wave a checkered flag, and we can all be like "Ohh, ahh" an'stuff.

inkydigit

Quote from: Zylot on June 24, 2008, 02:58:59 PM
Yes it's you, and I need your support when we finally have a beta release so you can wave a checkered flag, and we can all be like "Ohh, ahh" an'stuff.
I still dont quite get you?

DeathTwister

I agree with everyone above.

I just started using the new updated version and it is buggier then the old version, nothing works right at all.  Transparencies are wonderful and the multithreading is awesome, but the Interface is so dam slow I can barley move around in it now and I have 3 gigs of ram, shesh and would have thought a emergency patches were to be had they are so bad, and now your telling me there in none to be had? Way lame PS way lame and I agree with people, if this company was in the US, they6 would be shut down toot sweet for sure.  I am so disapointed in TGD2 I am about to ask for my money back if they do not get shits together here pretty quick.  They say they don't have funding? well hell boys go out and get some deep pockets then, but we need to get what we have paid for and in a timely manner at this point.  I have been waiting for what I paid for for over a year now, and they still have no intentions of allowing us to bring in models and other resources.  Dam SHORT SIGHTED OF THEM IN MY OPINION.

Now tell me again why it was such a good deal to buy the full version or pay the full price starting January first 08?  And where is the said afore mention product we were supposed to have?  Maybe dump the programmers you got and hire better programmers that work harder and are smarter would be a better start don't ya think at this point?

I am one of a 2 man team and we are just about done with a full video game Virtual world that usually takes teams of 25 or more 3-5 years to complete, so if you hired well it don't take many people to get the job done right within deadlines, so maybe you need to look closer into that area, I know I sure would. Unless they are idiots of course, then no matter how many people you hire, it will never get finished, humm, maybe some of that going on here ya think?

Reading this post just disgusted me no end, shesh SAME OLD SAME OLD, AND PASS THE BUCK TO R&D EASY COP OUT.  Just think if we all asked for our money back, PS would go under I think, so they better get to work and quit whinning to us, we paid for our software so now? where is it?  We will keep bugging you until you do your job right /smiles.........

I as well love TGD2, but not that5 much at this point.  More agravated then happy now, and now add disgusted to it as well.

DeathTwister
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

gregsandor

DeathTwister, what did you mean by this: "they still have no intentions of allowing us to bring in models and other resources"?

jaf

I paid my money for tg2 after reading the information at the PS site about the upcoming release.  At that time, I didn't realize there was a problem, but I can see from these forum messages that this has been an ongoing discussion.

Anyway, I've probably lived my last Spring and may see another New Year (medical problems I prefer not to get into.)  So while it may be fine for some to wait a year or two, my perspective is a bit different.

But I have several other programs I can learn and enjoy.  The money isn't important -- I just feel mislead.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

JimB

Opinions are like assholes - everyone's got one.

PG sums it up quite nicely IMHO:
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=2942.msg44895#msg44895

Jaf, sorry to hear of your troubles.
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

rcallicotte

Some opinions matter.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

JohnnyBoy

I have to say that these criticisms are way over the top. We already have access to at least 90% of the promised product and most of what is missing are things like a cleaned up UI, SDK, documentation, animation editor. I would hate to see what would happen if you ordered a hamburger and it was missing the pickle. :)

rcallicotte

Who the hell do you think you are, dude?  This is absolutely none of your business.  I didn't pay you and I don't need your stupid comments.

Quote from: JohnnyBoy on June 24, 2008, 10:35:07 PM
I have to say that these criticisms are way over the top. We already have access to at least 90% of the promised product and most of what is missing are things like a cleaned up UI, SDK, documentation, animation editor. I would hate to see what would happen if you ordered a hamburger and it was missing the pickle. :)
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

funnylookingkid

I haven't paid, because I'm just a student and I don't have that kind of money to throw around. Moreover, I work in fast food, so I can appreciate JohnnyBoy's analogy. But I think he's wrong.

From what I've seen (and I've followed things here since before the tech preview was out), a better analogy would be going to get a cheeseburger at a new place in town, then having to wait for half an hour, and then they tell you that they're out of cheese, so it will just have to be a hamburger, and then you get it with the bun squished... and also, missing a pickle. If there was a wait and the product came and was entirely worth it, the best cheeseburger ever, it would be fine. If there was little wait and the product came with a very small number of flaws that could be fixed in a timely manner (by the analogy, asking for a new cheeseburger because they messed up the first one, and then actually receiving one), then it might be fine.

For many, one of these failures would make the initial visit bearable but not enjoyable, and probably ensure that no repeat visit would ever be made. Multiple failures, however, make even the initial visit unpleasant in every respect, and not only ensure that no repeat visit will ever be made, but also likely result in a personal smear campaign against whichever business was responsible for the failure. In fast food, we fear this. Planetside should too.

Extend the analogy as you will. I'm waiting for something cool to happen - if it ever does, then I might buy. If it doesn't, then I never expect to have anything to do with Planetside, if it could even survive beyond such a massive failure.

Cyber-Angel

Well here we go...again!!!

Can we for the sake of civility or semblance thereof any way agree that Planetside are damned if they do and if the don't, that is my take on what seems in this thread is old, well trodden ground with nothing new added for or against the argument.

At this time the case for any kind of date is a mote point at this time, further more personnel attacks serve nothing other than to add fuel to an all ready raging fire; that is to say they do not further the cause and just turn nice people into angry ones.

At this point all I care about is that when TG2 dose go gold weather its this year or five years from now, is that it works as advertised within what Planetside can do with the resources they have, now if some thing comes up it should be reported here in the usual manor; end of story.

The watch phrase around these here parts should be "It will be done when its good and ready and not before" if Y'all Yokels can't comprehend this simple fact, then please do some thing about the education you never had.

Screaming for some thing to get done doesn't make it happen any faster, in fact it is the other way round and slows things down; adds to stress and loss of motivation and creativity none of the above are conducive to software development at the best of times, and certainly don't help when to hazarded a guess you are trying to develop some thing as complicated as TG2 (As an aside if you don't know any programmers and I know two of them, try to know some and find out to the best of of level of comprehension what they do.). End of Line.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel     ::)

Harvey Birdman

All right, I'll do something - I'll demand my money back.

Planetside owes every single person who has given them money the option of getting their money back and opting out of a process they were duped into.

We all know it would probably break them.

Good. They have it coming to them.

And JimB - my opinion damn well does matter here, and so does that of every other paying customer. I paid $200 to make sure it did. And if you or any other surrogate of PS asserts otherwise, then let them give me my money back.

Planetside is a crooked scam.

If you don't like reading this, C-A, you can send me the $200 yourself. Otherwise shut up and go away.

Zylot

How about everyone overreact and yell at people solely for presenting an alternate opinion and make asses of themselves.

Demanding Cyber to pay you $200 soley because he has a differing opinion.
Yelling at people not to post in a public forum because they don't work for planetside?

How about everyone calms the hell down.

Harvey wants a refund, alright fine, go email support and try to get one.  I'm all for it, I'm sure PS understands where teh dissent is coming from.   Those of us who feel planetside is doing what they can will keep using the version of TG2 we have.  Those not content and work with them to get a refund.

I don't see why we need personal attacks and attempts to aggrivate one another.  Chill out, it's a peice of software.

gregsandor

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on June 24, 2008, 11:58:43 PM
All right, I'll do something - I'll demand my money back.

Planetside owes every single person who has given them money the option of getting their money back and opting out of a process they were duped into.

We all know it would probably break them.

Good. They have it coming to them.

And JimB - my opinion damn well does matter here, and so does that of every other paying customer. I paid $200 to make sure it did. And if you or any other surrogate of PS asserts otherwise, then let them give me my money back.

Planetside is a crooked scam.

If you don't like reading this, C-A, you can send me the $200 yourself. Otherwise shut up and go away.

Harvey,
Just ask for a refund.

I don't want my money back, i want all you rocket surgeons to come to this thread http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=4285.0 and help me hack a method for animating groups of spaceships.