Planetside is crooked.

Started by Harvey Birdman, June 25, 2008, 12:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey Birdman

This board needs to be flooded with this sort of message until Planetside offers refunds to every paying customer.

They need to offer the option of getting one's money back and opting out, or staying the course.

It has now been openly admitted that their promises of a stable, usable product in the reasonable future were lies. They never had any intention of doing what their sales pitches said; dates were given simply to keep the flow of license sales steady. (Damn right people would be unhappy if their real plans were known, and the most unhappy would be PS, because they're fraudulent source of income would dry up.)

As such, this entire operation and raison d'etre of this site and community is false; it is intended to further the fraud that an actual commercial product release is imminent.

Give us our money back. What you do after that is your affair.

gregsandor

FFS, Just go ask them for a refund.

Zylot

Did you actually ask for a refund, or are you just gonna continue to post threads like this?

Harvey Birdman

They publicly commited this fraud; let them respond to a public demand for a refund. I'm not going to hide it in the shadows for their benefit.

Zylot

In other words, no..  very well

Harvey Birdman

That's right - no.

It's right here in the open where everyone can see it. Right where it should be.

Zylot

Did Planetside force you to post in a public forum "Why yes, Matt, I'd be tickled pink to have a copy of TGP deep edition" before they allowed you to prepurchase?

I don't see any difference in emailing them: If they say yes you can be all "Hey guyz, I got my refund, they were good about it"
If they say no, then is the time to post in the forums. 

I think this immature effort to get what you feel you deserve is going to backfire, and only aggrivate the situation more.  With that in mind, it'll be all the more difficult to get a reasonable response.

Just being a voice of reason, take what you will.

gregsandor

I understand your point of view here.  I wanted to use TG2 for a feature film I did that was released 3 years ago.  I managed it with the original Terragen and some other tools.  TG2 wasn't available for me at that time so I did something else to get my work done.  TG2 isn't what you were promised and won't work for you as it is now.  So get your money back.  

It's not a public demand, its you and maybe a couple of other users who want refunds.  Go ask for it.

Harvey Birdman

I'll tell you what, Zylot. You take your 32 posts, and when that number, and the time and work you've put into supporting this product begins to approach what I'VE put into it, THEN you can criticize my ripping on this BS operation.

Understand? After you've made about 30 times the number of posts, after you've put up web sites promoting their product, after you've spent a year and a half wondering when these clowns would come through, THEN you're in a position to contradict me. And not till then.

Get it?

Greg... I was plenty enthusiastic a year and a half ago. I spent months last summer developing a series of tools to take TG output and bring it into a simple game engine I was developing. All that time, effort and money was wasted because PS lied through their teeth.

Goddamn right I'm pissed, and PS owes me money. And I think that if the option were offered, a LOT of people would opt out. Just my perception of the situation.

Zylot

Fantastic, I've remained civil and simply offered up a voice of reason, clearly supporting both sides of the argument, and what do I get.

"LOL your post count is low n00b"

Well, Apparently, when I have 30x my current post count (a clear indication of how much I work with TG and use their software, and a clear indication of my time spent here and on other relitive forums) then I'll have around 900 like you, and I'll have a grown a rotten attitude and tons of unwarrented self importance.

Well, forget it, take your crap attitude and have fun pissing in the wind.

Harvey Birdman

Quote from: Zylot on June 25, 2008, 12:29:13 AM

Well, Apparently, when I have 30x my current post count (a clear indication of how much I work with TG and use their software, and a clear indication of my time spent here and on other relitive forums) then I'll have around 900 like you, and I'll have a grown a rotten attitude and tons of unwarrented self importance.

Well, whether or not the self-importance is 'unwarrented' (sic) is a matter of personal opinion. Except for that minor point ... yeah, it sounds as if you get the picture nicely. I look forward to seeing your attitude sour like the rest of ours has.

Zylot

It'll be an honor to dissappoint ;)

inkydigit

...greg and zylot are right....just ask for a refund...all this shouting is pointless...

rcallicotte

Greg, Zylot and inky -

Who cares if there's a final product?  At least you can come here and fun.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

gregsandor

Quote from: calico on June 25, 2008, 07:31:24 AM
Greg, Zylot and inky -

Who cares if there's a final product?  At least you can come here and fun.

Don't start with me.  I'm too busy to screw around with this.