Planetside is crooked.

Started by Harvey Birdman, June 25, 2008, 12:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleinm

Hi to all,

ive been working with almost everything to get reasonable results on terrain-creation and beleive me, theres nothing close
to this software, even as "pre" as it is. if you work with A-3dsmax  on heavy scenery (or whatever) your faced with so much bugs,
crashes and inconvinience but still have to pay a lot more... point: using the possible modules of the software for convincing
your audiance is worth the "little" amount of money...

Sun Gate

Quote from: neuspadrin on June 25, 2008, 12:05:59 PM
... And who said you EVER had to pay for it? They have a FREE edition.  The paying was for those who wished to show their SUPPORT to the company and preorder at better rates.  If you don't have any faith in PS then you shouldn't pay for a product, use the free version until you see the final product. 

I'm afraid that's not entirely true... Technology Previews 3 & 4 were NOT released in the free version. That's still at TP2! So the free version is lagging behind in new features and developments... :(

neuspadrin

TP3's main great features was multithreading and transparent water.  not much else happened, and the memory leak made it quite annoying to use at times.   TP4 isn't out yet, but it will be soon.  And the reason its not offered to the free crowd is for those of us who have payed and given our support to planetside deserve to see the development.  Its one of the perks of offering our support to the product.  They will give you another free version at gold, which is the only one that really matters in the end.  Personally, planetside is one of the best with free versions out there of any program that i've ever seen. 

Mars Mug

It looks like Mr Birdman flew the coop a tad early;

[ LINK REMOVED ]

Shame really, frustration got the better of him, I think it's sad to see anyone give up the way he did.

mogn

343223 micro-triangles on the benchmark test (1.21 min)
Thanks Matt ;D

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: mogn on June 30, 2008, 03:19:52 AM
343223 micro-triangles on the benchmark test (1.21 min)
Thanks Matt ;D

Sounds good, but without knowing the previous rendertime it doesn't say that much ;) So? :)

lightning

oh i bet he kicking himself now!!! the new release is brilliant!!!

moodflow

Yea, I know he was frustrated...its a shame he didn't hold out a few days longer.   :-\
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

rolothomasee

Quote from: Will on June 26, 2008, 11:24:19 AM
OK people nothing to see here, move along.

LOL...this is the best reply in the whole thread!!