Artwork

Started by AndyCocker, December 21, 2006, 05:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyCocker

Hi all,

I haven't said it yet, so can I first say a big "thank you" to the Planetside team for making TG2TP available to us. Also, I think it's a very positive move that Planetside finally now has it's own forum.

I wanted to ask whether a dedicated artwork section is planned for the forum, eg. 'Work In Progress', or 'Finished Artwork', or should people simply post their artwork in this 'Terragen 2 Discussion' area? Could get messy, that's all.

Actually, I see from the 'Additional Options' below that you're allowing file attachments? Seriously, if you have not already done so, I think you should enforce an acceptable file type policy.. no BMP's  ;) ;) ;) (sorry... couldn't resist it)

It might make sense having a seperate section for TG2 user project files etc also. Also a User Tutorial section would be good.

Looking forward very much to the release of more example files and further documentation.

Regards,

Andy Cocker

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: AndyCocker on December 21, 2006, 05:56:27 AM

It might make sense having a seperate section for TG2 user project files etc also. Also a User Tutorial section would be good.

Looking forward very much to the release of more example files and further documentation.

Regards,

Andy Cocker

Very good ideas Andy!
I especially would like to see a section for project files. Currently everybody's learning this fabulous program and sharing project files would be a great resource to learn from each other :)

dmschenk

Along the same lines is there a chance of getting a section for suggestions and 3rd party pluggin and such?
Dave

dmschenk

X-Nay on the 3rd party pluggins!  ....already there!!

firesuite

Personally i think this Forum should be kept to what it is, a technical/support/suggestion type of site, theres plenty of websites out there to post artwork on and get praise/crit etc. If images are to be posted to this site i would like to see them posted for tech support reasons only..

my opinion  :P

AndyCocker

Quote from: firesuite on December 21, 2006, 11:22:23 AM
Personally i think this Forum should be kept to what it is, a technical/support/suggestion type of site, theres plenty of websites out there to post artwork on and get praise/crit etc. If images are to be posted to this site i would like to see them posted for tech support reasons only..

my opinion  :P

Yes, I tend to agree with you regarding the posting of images.

Regards,

Andy Cocker

old_blaggard

I would think that if you want to share artwork extensively you should join communities such as Ashundar or Terranuts.  As to user-submitted tutorials, there is already a section for that in the documentation section, even though there is only one tutorial in it so far ;).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

AndyCocker

Quote from: old_blaggard on December 21, 2006, 11:48:15 AM
As to user-submitted tutorials, there is already a section for that in the documentation section, even though there is only one tutorial in it so far ;).

Yes, I noticed that after I'd posted.

To Planetside... any idea when the example files will be made available to us?

Regards,

Andy Cocker

Oshyan

We don't currently plan a dedicated image sharing forum but you're welcome to post the occasional image in general TG2 discussion, or under support if it is support-related of course. As others have said there are numerous communities where general gallery postings are perhaps more appropriate at this time.

A dedicated file sharing area is a good idea. We would be glad to create one if there is demand and it will be used. For now the Tutorials area is an ok place to do this, provided there is some descriptive text to go along with it at a minimum. Full tutorials are encouraged.

Example files will be made available very soon, perhaps as a present on a certain upcoming holiday. ;) We will be sharing some files showing you how to accomplish some of the cooler and more spectacular effects you may have seen - amazing clouds, realistic snow and ice cover, etc.

- Oshyan