Where's the Plants???

Started by buzzzzz1, February 10, 2009, 05:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sboerner

A year ago I my foliage plan was to upgrade my old XFrog plugin to work with new versions of Maya. The upgrade wasn't expensive but it also didn't work – at all – problems with the interface as I recall. They promised a workable update "soon." I've since moved on to SpeedTree.

If you have access to SpeedTree, you certainly don't need XFrog.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Yep!  I'm digging in and learning SpeedTree now.  Got me a subscription, and and am amazed at the power in that app.  SpeedTree has so many more features it is mind boggling at first.

-Derek

Upon Infinity

LOL.  This thread is 10 years old.

Wow!  10 Years!  Sometimes when searching the forum I don't notice the dates, and just reply.  ;)

On a positive note I finally did get a genuine apologetic reply from Stewart over at xFrog.  Sounds like they are crazy busy right now because of some new changes/products coming soon.  Not sure how much I can say, so I'll just leave it there.

-Derek

Upon Infinity

Since I already have all their stuff, minus the software, it'll be great to what new they might have to offer.

bobbystahr

Maybe they're fixing all the models
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

I haven't had any issues with the models, have you?  I think they are adding new products soon.  :)

-Derek

bobbystahr

Quote from: D.A. Bentley on May 01, 2019, 10:43:14 AM
I haven't had any issues with the models, have you?  I think they are adding new products soon.  :)

-Derek

I refer to the frequently noticed/commented on, square tree-trunks and branches in my renders....stuff like that
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oh yea, they are not the best for close up shots sometimes (depends on the tree).  I haven't tried anything else other than SpeedTree trees.  The Cinema Library trees are very nice, but I work mostly in games so I have only ever used the lower quality Games Library trees.  I have seen some impressive stuff come out of e-on Plant Factory too.

-Derek

bobbystahr

Oh to be able to afford Speed Tree...still saving to update my maintenance
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New