Technology Preview 4 (Build 1.9.98.1) is out!

Started by plugsnpixels, June 30, 2008, 03:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

downloaded !
gonna try tonight if i have some free time ^^

Yoda Almighty

all music instruments are ridiculously expensive to repair, with the possible exception of the triangle.

Terry Pratchet, Masqurade

Tangled-Universe

Rendering the bench shows a decrease of 10 sec. from 91 to 81 seconds :) ~10% faster :)
Now let's see with some heavy scenes ;D

neuspadrin

for those of you who want to use the batch file provided, or make their own version where it starts up without node or 3d render view, i have a suggestion.  in the batch file, add in front of the line "start /b" so it would look like this (for mine) "start /b tgd.exe -nonetworkview".  makes it so the command prompt window that comes up immediately goes away by itself.

just a lil tidbit.

wow... definitely feels faster rendering, and its nice to not have to restart every few changes due to a memory leak. 

PG

Quote from: Yoda Almighty on June 30, 2008, 01:31:25 PM
Quote from: calico on June 30, 2008, 09:53:25 AM
Roger.

that sucks  :-\

It's the benefit of paying for the product. I'd suggest saving up to get the pre purchase before TG2 goes gold. Although I'd hazard a guess that you still have a while ;D
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Yoda Almighty

Quote from: PG on June 30, 2008, 04:29:45 PM
Quote from: Yoda Almighty on June 30, 2008, 01:31:25 PM
Quote from: calico on June 30, 2008, 09:53:25 AM
Roger.

that sucks  :-\

It's the benefit of paying for the product. I'd suggest saving up to get the pre purchase before TG2 goes gold. Although I'd hazard a guess that you still have a while ;D

too true. I don't even have my drivers license yet.  :-\
all music instruments are ridiculously expensive to repair, with the possible exception of the triangle.

rcallicotte

Have you considered trying to get a discount, since you're a high school student? 

At this point, you might want to wait until the Beta is released to consider buying it, though.  There are some frustrations with the latest releases.

Quote from: Yoda Almighty on June 30, 2008, 08:29:10 PM
too true. I don't even have my drivers license yet.  :-\

Yoda Almighty

Is the final still going to follow the policy of "free for non-commercial use"?

pbelchamber

I am very impressed on the speed increase - the bench scene on my Q9650 w/4GB Ram only took 48sec. I had given up playing a while back due to the interminable render times, but now my interest has increased again. (Not to mention the fact my vague fears of $200 "vapourware" have been allayed). ;D I truly believe when released Terragen 2 will seriously upset the competition. Now all I need is "T2XStream"!

rcallicotte

I don't know.  I wouldn't presume to speak for Planetside...I'm sure the free version will have plenty of limitations.  Now might be a good time to mow some lawns or something equivalent to get that little bit of $$.  This new version is actually doing pretty well.

Quote from: Yoda Almighty on June 30, 2008, 10:26:47 PM

Oshyan

Quote from: Yoda Almighty on June 30, 2008, 10:26:47 PM

We will continue to make a free version available but as is currently the case it will be limited in some ways. The limitations of the free version following the final release have not yet been determined.

- Oshyan

Cyber-Angel

Question, has Planetside locked down the minimum system requirements for TG2 yet; or at least have a good ball park set as this information would be vary useful to those whom are considering buying a new system in the near future? What would be useful would be minimum CPU and Memory for optimum performance!

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel  ;D     

Oshyan

Any system you purchase *new* at this point will exceed the minimum system requirements. We will be finalizing the minimum requirements for the product launch.

- Oshyan