dolphin's view

Started by groverwa, January 11, 2007, 07:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groverwa

Can anyone please tell me how to give the underwater section of this pic an underwater look

mike

groverwa

oops - i will now attach the pic - sorry - more haste - less speed

mike

oggyb

If it were me, I'd take it into photoshop and do some colouring and blurring, but I know that's not the answer you wanted. . . can't help you in that respect, sorry.

M.

king_tiger_666

this is one feature which would really be great if included/ or possible

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Dark Fire

I have not seen an underwater scene created with TG2 yet, so I am guessing that it is difficult or not yet possible. If it is not yet possible, Oshyan will probably tell us that it is something that they are hoping to have in the final version. (Just observing the general pattern that occurs in topics like this).

Njen

Other people working in vfx may correct me here, but I have never seen this type of shot rendered in one pass before.

It would be easier to render the top part, then add some fog/haze then render the bottom part and use an alpha matte to put it together. Much more control that way too as you can doo all sorts of effects to the water part without affecting the top part.

Plus you don't have to rerender all of your image everytime you need to change something in either the top part or bottom part.

groverwa

thanks for the comments

njen - how does one render the pic top and bottom apart??

i would expect the water opacity to vary the deeper you can see

mike

Njen

What I would do is render the water object and the ground object has you have, like the way it looks from above the water. For your second pass, I would hide the water , put in a lot of green fog, that starts at the sea bed and render that.

Then, take your water object, put a constant white shader on it, render that as your matte layer.

I hope that helps.

groverwa

thanks njen - i will give that a go

mike

Oshyan

Correct, underwater rendering is not properly supported yet, but it's something we do hope to support. In the meantime many people are using highly customized atmosphere settings (strong haze, blue-ish light color, etc) to simulate an underwater look.

- Oshyan

Dark Fire

Quote from: Dark Fire on January 11, 2007, 08:11:21 AM
...Oshyan will probably tell us that it is something that they are hoping to have in the final version. (Just observing the general pattern that occurs in topics like this).
Quote from: JavaJones on January 17, 2007, 04:17:41 PM
Correct, underwater rendering is not properly supported yet, but it's something we do hope to support.
It took a while, but I was right. ;)

groverwa

Javajones

will try your ideas

Mike