Terragen 2 crashing every five minutes, literally

Started by Esgalachoir, November 04, 2008, 12:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esgalachoir

Hello Planetside!
I'm having some great technical difficulties.  About every 3-10 minutes or so, terragen completely freezes up my system, requiring me to reboot.  I am running it on Windows Xp service pack 2, and I've got an Athlon Quad-core, with 4 gigs of ddr2 ram.  My video card, however, is extremely old, it's an ATI 330 something or other, I just know it's very old.  I'd just like to know what the problem is so I could fix it, because it is frustrating to the utmost!  Suggestions anybody?  Thanks,
-
Corin

Matt

I have sent you an email with a couple of things to try. Please let me know if you haven't received it.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Esgalachoir

Matt,
I got your email, but I forgot to mention that I actually pre-purchased Terragen 2(Deep).  I got the version without animation capabilities.  Sorry I didn't mention that.  I'll probably be toying with the beta version anyhow  Thanks for the help, though.

-
Corin

Oshyan

Most likely it's an issue with your graphics card or card driver, as you suspect. Make sure you have the latest graphics card driver. Also try pausing or closing the 3D preview.

- Oshyan